A generalization of rational Bernstein–Bézier curves
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper is concerned with a generalization of Bernstein–Bézier curves. A one parameter family of rational Bernstein–Bézier curves is introduced based on a de Casteljau type algorithm. A subdivision procedure is discussed, and matrix representation and degree elevation formulas are obtained. We also represent conic sections using rational q-Bernstein–Bézier curves.
AMS subject classification (2000)
- Andrews, G.E. (1998) The Theory of Partitions. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge
- Farin, G. (2002) Curves and Surfaces for CAGD, a Practical Guide. Academic Press, San Diego USA
- T. N. T. Goodman, Total positivity and shape of curves, in Total Positivity and its Applications, M. Gasca and C. A. Micchelli eds., pp. 157–186, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1996.
- Goodman, T.N.T., Oruç, H., Phillips, G.M. (1999) Convexity and generalized Bernstein polynomials. Proc. Edinb. Math. Soc. 42: pp. 179-190 CrossRef
- Hoschek, J., Lasser, D. (1993) Fundamentals of Computer Aided Geometric Design. A.K. Peters, Wellesley, Mass.
- Lewanowicz, S., Woźny, P. (2004) Generalized Bernstein polynomials. BIT 44: pp. 63-78 CrossRef
- H. Oruç, LU factorization of the Vandermonde matrix and its applications, Appl. Math. Lett., to appear.
- Oruç, H., Akmaz, H.K. (2004) Symmetric functions and the Vandermonde matrix. J. Comput. Appl. Math. 172: pp. 49-64 CrossRef
- Oruç, H., Phillips, G.M. (2003) q-Bernstein polynomials and Bézier curves. J. Comput. Appl. Math. 151: pp. 1-12 CrossRef
- Oruç, H., Phillips, G.M. (1999) A generalization of the Bernstein polynomials. Proc. Edinb. Math. Soc. 42: pp. 403-413
- Phillips, G.M. (1996) A de Casteljau algorithm for generalized Bernstein polynomials. BIT 36: pp. 232-236
- Phillips, G.M. (1997) Bernstein polynomials based on the q-integers. Ann. Numer. Math. 4: pp. 511-518
- Phillips, G.M. (2003) Interpolation and Approximation by Polynomials. Springer, New York
- H. Prautzsch, , Kobbelt, L. (1994) Convergence of subdivision and degree elevation. Adv. Comput. Math. 2: pp. 143-154 CrossRef
- A generalization of rational Bernstein–Bézier curves
BIT Numerical Mathematics
Volume 47, Issue 2 , pp 313-323
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- q-Bernstein polynomials
- rational Bézier curves
- de Casteljau algorithm
- degree elevation
- Industry Sectors