Are toxic biometals destroying your children’s future?
- Donald A. Drum
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Cadmium, arsenic, lead, and mercury have been linked to autism, attention deficit disorder, mental retardation and death of children. Mercury in thimerosal found in many vaccines and flu shots contributes significantly to these problems. Decomposition of the thimerosal can produce more toxic compounds, either methylethylmercury or diethylmercury, in the body. These compounds have a toxicity level similar to dimethylmercury. Within the human body, a mitochondrial disorder may release the more toxic form of mercury internally. Young children and pregnant women must minimize internal exposure to the vaccines and flu shots containing mercury.
- Autism News Staff (2008) Autism causes: vaccines with mercury/thimerosal linked to autism. http://www.not-autism.org/autism-causes-vaccines-with-mercury-thimerosal-linked-to-autism.php. Cited 8 December 2009
- Bennett Sue, (Autism Coach) (2008) Autism declines when mercury vaccines banned. Autism mercury link. http://www.autismcoach.com/Autism Declines When Mercury Vaccines Banned.htm. Cited 15 November 2008
- Burbacher T et al (2005) Comparison of blood and brain mercury levels in infant monkeys exposed to methylmercury or vaccines containing thimerosal. Environ Health Perspect 113(8):1015–1021 CrossRef
- Drum DA et al (2001) Environmental field testing and analysis ready reference handbook. McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, New York, pp 2.161–2.162 (3.77–3.80)
- NewsMax.com Staff (2006) Autism declines as vaccines remove mercury. http://archive.newsmax.com.archives/ic/2006/3/2/213632/.shtml. Cited 19 January 2009
- Poling JS et al (2006) Developmental regression and mitochondrial dysfunction in a child with autism. J Child Neurol 21(2):170–172. doi:10.1177/08830738060210021401 CrossRef
- Thoughtful House Fighting Autism Program (2009) Autism-statistics, incidence, prevalence, rates. Autism prevalence, trend, US and outlying areas, 1994–2006. http://www.fightingautism.org/idea/autism.php. Cited 10 January 2009
- Are toxic biometals destroying your children’s future?
Volume 22, Issue 5 , pp 697-700
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Toxic metals
- Premature birth
- Industry Sectors
- Donald A. Drum (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. 630 Brice Road, Reynoldsburg, OH, 43068, USA