Diagnosis of Breast Cancer Using Electrical Impedance Tomography
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The efficiency of electrical impedance tomography, a new method of breast cancer diagnosis, is considered in this work. A total of 117 female patients (apparently healthy, patients with mastopathy, patients with benign tumors, patients with breast cancer) were tested. The method was implemented using an electrical impedance computer mammograph with special 5.6 software version. Its efficiency was estimated to be 87.39%. Of 75 patients with breast cancer, 96% were found to have degree III of risk of disease progression; 4%, degree II of disease progression risk. Additional examination was recommended. Electrical impedance mammography was demonstrated to be a noninvasive, safe, comfortable, rapid, and informative method of diagnosis.
- V. I. Chissov, V. V. Starinskii, and G. V. Petrova (eds.) Malignant Tumor Incidence and Mortality in Russia in 2009 [in Russian], Moscow (2010).
- A. P. Bazhenova, L. D. Ostrovtsev, and G. N. Khakhanashvili, Mammary Gland Cancer [in Russian], Moscow (1985).
- V. P. Kharchenko and N. I. Rozhkova (eds.) Mammology: National Manual [in Russian], Moscow (2009).
- N. I. Rozhkova, In: Current State of the Mammological Service of Russian Federation [in Russian], Moscow (2001), pp. 13–22.
- E. B. Kampova-Polevaya and S. S. Chistyakova (eds.) Clinical Mammology: Current State of the Problem [in Russian], GEO-TAR-Media, Moscow (2006).
- A. V. Korjenevsky, Quasi_Static Electromagnetic Tomography in Biomedicine: Candidate dissertation [in Russian], Moscow (2009).
- A. V. Korjenevsky, Al’m. Klin. Med., 12, 58 (2006).
- A. V. Korjenevsky, V. N. Kornienko, M. Yu. Kul’tiasov, et al., Prib. Tekh. Eksp., No. 3, 133 (1997).
- E. A. Mikhailov, Possibilities of Prophylaxis of Mammary Gland Cancer: Doctoral dissertation [in Russian], Moscow (2000).
- A. A. Nazarov, N. I. Rozhkova, D. K. Fomin, O. E. Yakobs, and O. A. Borisova, Vestn. RAN, No. 1, 156–158 (2009).
- N. I. Rozhkova, D. K. Fomin, A. A. Nazarov, O. E. Yakobs, and O. A. Borisova, Med. Radiol. Radiats. Bezop., No. 4, 47–49 (2009).
- A. B. Rubin, Biophysics, Vol. 1 [in Russian], MGU, Moscow (2004).
- A. Karpov, A. Korjenevsky, D. Mazurov, and A. Mazaletskaya, World Congr. on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Chicago (2000).
- D. K. Fomin, A. A. Nazarov, and O. E. Yakobs, Radiologiya, No. 5, 46–48 (2009).
- O. V. Trokhanova, Assessment of the State of Mammary Glands in Normal and Pathological States Using Electroimpedance Mammography: Candidate dissertation [in Russian], Moscow (2003).
- Diagnosis of Breast Cancer Using Electrical Impedance Tomography
Volume 46, Issue 4 , pp 154-157
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Hertzen Research Institute of Oncology, Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia
- 2. Russian Scientific Center of Roentgenoradiology, Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia