Antiaggregant Effect of Taurine Chloramines in the Presence of Serum Albumin
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The effects of taurine chloramine derivatives on initial aggregation of isolated platelets suspended in buffered saline were studied. Inhibition of ADP-induced aggregation in pure cell suspension depended on the structure of chloramine antiaggregants. The most effective of them was N,N-dichlorotaurine; its concentration needed for 50% inhibition of aggregation was about 0.1 mM. Weaker antiaggregants N-chloro-N-methyltaurine and N-chlorotaurine in a final concentration of 0.5 mM reduced platelet aggregation by only 10%. The studied chloramines considerably differed by their characteristics (velocity of the reaction with sulfur-containing groups of atoms). N,N-dichlorotaurine exhibited the weakest reactivity with methionine thioester group. In turn, the velocity constant with reduced glutathione was by 2-3 orders of magnitude higher than that of other chloramines. Antiaggregant effect of taurine chloramine derivatives was 2-fold higher in the presence of serum albumin, presumably due to special interactions of taurine chloramines in complex with albumin with platelets.
- M. A. Murina, D. I. Roshchupkin, N. N. Kravchenko, et al., Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med., Suppl. 2, 94-100 (2007).
- M. A. Murina, D. I. Roshchupkin, N. N. Kravchenko, et al., Biofizika, No. 6, 1279-1285 (1997).
- M. A. Murina, D. I. Roshchupkin, and V. I. Sergienko, Ofitsial'n. Bull. Komiteta RF Patent. Tov. Znak., No. 30, 62 (1993).
- D. I. Roshchupkin, V. V. Berzhitskaya, and A. Yu. Sokolov, Biofizika, 43, 503-510 (1998).
- M. A. Murina, D. I. Roshchupkin, N. N. Kravchenko, V. I. Sergienko, Ibid., 52, 527-533 (2007).
- P. B. Kandagal, S. Ashoka, J. Seetharamappa, et al., J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 41, No. 2, 393-399 (2006). CrossRef
- S. Monti, I. Manet, F. Manoli, et al., J. Phys. Chem. B., 112, No. 12, 5742-5754 (2008). CrossRef
- J. M. Pereillo, M. Maftouh, A. Andrieu, et al., Drug. Metab. Dispos., 30, No. 11, 1288-1295 (2002). CrossRef
- D. Picot, P. J. Loll, and R. M. Garavito, Nature, 367, 243-249 (1994). CrossRef
- P. Savi and J. M. Herbert, Semin. Thrombos. Hemost., 31, No. 2, 174-183 (2005). CrossRef
- P. Savi, J. L. Zachayus, N. Delesque-Touchard, et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 103, No. 29, 11,069-11,074 (2006). CrossRef
- A. Undas, K. E. Brummel-Ziedins, and K. G. Mann, Blood, 109, No. 6, 2285-2292 (2007). CrossRef
- K. K. Wu, Semin. Vasc. Med., 3, No. 2, 107-112 (2003). CrossRef
- F. Yang, C. Bian, L. Zhu, et al., J. Struct. Biol., 157, No. 2, 348-355 (2007). CrossRef
- Antiaggregant Effect of Taurine Chloramines in the Presence of Serum Albumin
Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine
Volume 147, Issue 6 , pp 704-707
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- serum albumin
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Federal Agency for Health Care and Social Development, Institute of Physicochemical Medicine, Moscow, Russia
- 2. Federal Agency for Health Care and Social Development, Russian State Medical University, Moscow, Russia