Comparative analysis of secretion of S100A4 metastatic marker by immune and tumor cells
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
S100A4 protein is present in low concentrations (2.1–15.7 ng/106 cells) in lymphocyte and neutrophil culture medium. Addition of stimulants to the cells did not lead to an appreciable increase in the content of this protein. The initial content of S100A4 is significantly higher (92–447 ng/106 cells) in culture media of highly metastatic KSML-100 adenocarcinoma and M3 and B16 melanoma cells. The release of S100A4 by these cells significantly increased after addition of lymphocytes and Tag7/Hsp70 cytotoxic complex. Repeated injection of antibodies to S100A4 to mice with transplanted M3 melanoma inhibited tumor growth.
- A. S. Dukhanin, E. A. Romanova, and E. A. Dukhanina, Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med., 131, No. 1, 88–92 (2001). CrossRef
- E. A. Dukhanina, D. A. Yashin, T. I. Lukyanova, et al., Dokl. Rossiisk. Akad. Nauk, 414, No. 2, 1–3 (2007).
- B. R. Davies, M. P. Davies, F. E. Gibbs, et al., Oncogene, 8, No. 4, 999–1008 (1993).
- B. R. Davis, M. O’Donnell, G. C. Durkan, et al., J. Pathol., 196, No. 3, 292–299 (2002). CrossRef
- E. A. Dukhanina, A. S. Dukhanin, M. Y. Lomonosov, et al., FEBS Lett., 410, Nos. 2–3, 403–406 (1997). CrossRef
- K. Flatmark, G. M. Maelandsmo, S. O. Mikalsen, et al., Tumor Biol., 25, Nos. 1–2, 31–40 (2004). CrossRef
- H. L. Ford, M. M. Salim, R. Chakravarty, et al., Oncogene, 11, No. 10, 2067–2075 (1995).
- S. C. Garrett, K. M. Varney, D. J. Weber, and A. R. Bresnick, J. Biol. Chem., 281, No. 2, 677–680 (2004). CrossRef
- S. Gongoll, G. Peters, M. Mengel, et al., Gastroenterology, 123, No. 5, 1478–1484 (2002). CrossRef
- M. Grigorian, E. Tulchinsky, O. Burrone, et al., Electrophoresis, 15, Nos. 3–4, 463–468 (1994). CrossRef
- L. P. Sashchenko, E. A. Dukhanina, D. V. Yashin, et al., J. Biol. Chem., 279, No. 3, 2117–2124 (2004). CrossRef
- Comparative analysis of secretion of S100A4 metastatic marker by immune and tumor cells
Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine
Volume 145, Issue 1 , pp 78-80
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- S100A4 protein
- lymphocyte-activated killer cells
- natural killer cells
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
- 2. Institute of Gene Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
- 3. Russian State Medical University, Moscow, Russia