Myogenesis in hemopoietic tissue mesenchymal stem cell culture
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The myogenic differentiation capacity of prenatal mesenchymal stem cells from the main sites of hemopoiesis (bone marrow, thymus, liver, and spleen) was studied. Myogenesis was observed in all studied cell cultures except splenic mesenchymal stem cells. Differentiating cells from the thymus, bone marrow, and liver were positively stained for skeletal muscle markers (myogenin and MyoD). Autonomously contracting structures positively stained for cardiotroponin I and slow muscle myosin, were detected in the same cultures. Our experiments revealed differences in differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells from hemopoietic organs depending on the source of cells.
- A. A. Rzhaninova, S. N. Gornostaeva, D. V. Gol’dstein, et al., Byull. Nauch. Tsentra im. Bakuleva, 5, No. 5, 314 (2004).
- A. A. Rzhaninova, S. N. Gornostaeva, and D. V. Gol’dstein, Kletoch. Tekhnol. Biol. Med., No. 1, 34–41 (2005).
- H. A. Awad, D. L. Butler, G. P. Boivin, et al., Tissue Eng., 5, 267–277 (1999).
- S. P. Bruder, A. A. Kurth, M. Shea, et al., J. Orthop. Res., 16, 155–162 (1998). CrossRef
- S. C. Choi, J. Yoon, W. J. Shim, et al., Exp. pMol. Med., 36, No. 6, 515–523 (2004).
- J. E. Dennis, A. Merriam, A. Awadallah, et al., J. Bone Miner. Res., 14, 700–709 (1999). CrossRef
- A. J. Friedenstein, N. N. Kulagina, et al., Exp. Hematology, 2, 83–92 (1974).
- K. Fukuda and J. Fujita, Kidney Int., 68, No. 5, 1940–1943 (2005). CrossRef
- Y. Iijima, T. Nagai, M. Mizukami, et al., FASEB J., 17, No. 10, 1361–1363 (2003).
- S. Makino, K. Fukuda, S. Miyoshi, et al., J. Clin. Invest., 103, No. 5, 697–705 (1999). CrossRef
- C. Mummery, D. Ward-van Oostwaard, P. Doevendans, et al., Circulation, 107, No. 21, 2733–2740 (2003). CrossRef
- L. A. Sabourin and M. A. Rudnicki, Clin. Genet., 57, No. 1, 16–25 (2000). CrossRef
- W. S. Shim, S. Jiang, P. Wong, et al., Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 324, No. 2, 481–488 (2004). CrossRef
- Myogenesis in hemopoietic tissue mesenchymal stem cell culture
Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine
Volume 141, Issue 4 , pp 493-499
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links
- mesenchymal stem cells
- myogenesis; differentiation
- Industry Sectors