Generalized Quantum Theory: Overview and Latest Developments
- Thomas FilkAffiliated withDepartment of Physics, University of FreiburgParmenides Foundation for the Study of Thinking Email author
- , Hartmann RömerAffiliated withDepartment of Physics, University of Freiburg
The main formal structures of generalized quantum theory are summarized. Recent progress has sharpened some of the concepts, in particular the notion of an observable, the action of an observable on states (putting more emphasis on the role of proposition observables), and the concept of generalized entanglement. Furthermore, the active role of the observer in the structure of observables and the partitioning of systems is emphasized.
KeywordsGeneralized quantum theory Complementarity Entanglement
- Generalized Quantum Theory: Overview and Latest Developments
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Volume 21, Issue 2 , pp 211-220
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Generalized quantum theory