Application of a remote-controlled collimated dosimetric system for surveying spent MR fuel storage facilities
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The results of using a specially developed collimated dosimetric system, placed on a Brokk-90 remotecontrolled machine, to survey a spent fuel storage facility are presented. The measuring block of the system consists of collimated and uncollimated γ-ray detectors, video cameras, and headlights. The range of the dose-rate measurements of the γ-ray detectors varies from 0.4 mSv/h to 8.5 Sv/h. The collimation angle of the collimated detector is 12° and the lead shielding is 30 mm thick. The system made it possible to perform this work in large radiation fields by remote means. The dose rate distribution along extended elements, extracted from the spent fuel storage facility in the MR hall, is obtained. The contents of the storage facility were visualized in all details. Using the results of the survey, the contents of the storage facility were repacked and removed from the MR room.
- A. G. Volkovich, Yu. V. Koba, V. I. Liksonov, et al., “Use of a collimated detector during liquidation of the consequences of an accident in the machine room of the No. 4 unit of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant,” At. Énerg., 69, No. 6, 389–391 (1990).
- V. N. Potapov, O. P. Ivanov, V. E. Stepanov, et al., “New apparatus and systems for radiation monitoring and their use for performing rehabilitation work on the grounds of the temporary radwaste storages areas at the Russian Science Center Kurchatov Institute,” in: 7th Int. Conf. on Safety of Nuclear Power Technologies: Handling Radioactive Wastes, September 27–November 1, 2004, St. Petersburg, pp. 371–374.
- S. V. Smirnov, V. E. Stepanov, A. S. Danilovich, et al., “System for remote-controlled measurements of the distribution of radioactive contamination for BROKK work,” in: 3rd Int. Forum on Safety of Nuclear Technologies, St. Petersburg, September 22–26, 2008, pp. 144–146.
- S. V. Smirnov, “Radiation survey robot,” Bezop. Okr. Sredy, No. 4, 77–79 (2008).
- Application of a remote-controlled collimated dosimetric system for surveying spent MR fuel storage facilities
Volume 109, Issue 3 , pp 202-206
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links