Particulars of radiolysis and mass transfer in two-phase water coolant of a nuclear power facility with steam generation at an interphase surface
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A model of an interphase transfer of stable products of the radiolysis of water in boiling coolant is developed taking account of the intensity of their delivery to the interphase boundary in the liquid phase and removal into the vapor phase with vapor generation on the interphase surface. A computational study is made of the radiolysis of the coolant and interphase transfer of the products of the radiolysis of water in the core and on the pulling section of BWR of the Oskarshamn-2 nuclear power plant in Sweden. A comparison of the computational data with the results of the technical measurements of the coolant composition of the BWR at the Oskarshamn-2 nuclear power plant showed that the accumulation of stable products of the radiolysis of water in the vapor-gas phase of the coolant is determined by the kinetics of radiolysis in the liquid phase, the concentration of the oxygen-containing components in the liquid phase is due to the present of hydrogen peroxide in it.
- P. Fejes, “Deaeration practices in the Swedish BWRs,” in: Seminar on Countermeasures for BWR Pipe Cracking, Electric Power Research Institute, Paper No. 54 (1980).
- E. Ibe and S. Uchida, “Analytical evaluation of the water radiolysis in BWRs,” in: Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. on the Water Chemistry of Nuclear Reactor Systems, Bournemouth, England, October 17–21, 1983, No. 7.
- M. L. Lukashenko, A. V. Bulanov, A. O. Verkhovskaya, et al., “Modeling of the water-chemistry regime of the first loop of a nuclear power facility with a two-phase water coolant,” At. Énerg., 100, No. 1, 19–24 (2006).
- RELAP5/Mod3.3. Models and Correlations, Information Systems Laboratories, Rockville (2001).
- O. P. Arkhipov, V. L. Bugaenko, and S. A. Kabakchi, “Annotations of programs certified by the Gosatomnadzor of the Russian Federation. Program MORAVA N2,” Vopr. At. Nauki Tekhn. Ser. Fiz. Yad. Reakt., No. 3, 65–70 (2005).
- Particulars of radiolysis and mass transfer in two-phase water coolant of a nuclear power facility with steam generation at an interphase surface
Volume 109, Issue 3 , pp 170-175
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links