MCU-PTR program for high-precision calculations of pool and tank type research reactors
The MCU-PTR program with a MDBPTR50 database has been developed. The purpose of this program is to perform high-precision mathematical modeling of nuclear reactors and to calculate their neutron-physical characteristics. The program uses the Monte-Carlo method to solve the equations governing n, γ radiation transfer and uses evaluated data describing the interaction of neutrons and photons with matter. The change of the isotopic composition of the reactor materials during the operation of the reactor is taken into account. The organization of the program makes it possible to organize parallel computation and perform the calculations on super and personal computers with multinuclear processes. The dynamical distribution of the memory removes the restrictions on the mathematic models of the reactor. The program is intended for computational tracking of the operation of research reactors, validating upgraded designs of reactors, planning, and optimizing experimental conditions with respect to nuclear physics, radiation materials science, creating optimal conditions for producing radionuclides, and solving nuclear and radiological safety questions for operating and shutting down reactors.
- E. A. Gomin, “MCU-4 status,” Vopr. At. Nauki Tekhn. Ser. Fiz. Yad. Reakt., No. 1, 6–32 (2006).
- Yu. E. Vaneev, “Development of a software system for tracking the operation of research reactors,” ibid., pp. 84–92.
- Yu. E. Vaneev and N. Yu. Marikhin, “SupRROS technology for tracking the operation of research reactors: computational means, methodological approaches, and implementation example,” in: Vopr. At. Nauki Tekhn. Ser. Mat. Model. Fiz. Prots., No. 2, 54–62 (2009).
- E. P. Ryazantsev, “In celebration of the 50th anniversary of IRT (history of creation development),” At. Énerg., 104, No. 6, 359–368 (2008).
- V. V. Goncharov, P. M. Egorenkov, N. V. Arkhangelskii, et al., “Development of the IR-8 reactor at I.V. Kurchatov Institute of Atomic Energy (reconstruction of the IRT-M),” in: Meeting of Specialists on Exchange of Experience in the Reconstruction of Research Reactors in the Member Countries of the Council for Mutual Economic Aid, Moscow (1984), pp. 5–26.
- D. Yu. Erak, V. A. Nasonov, A. V. Taliev, et al., “Main parameters of the IR-8 reactor with AU RIM in the reflector,” Preprint IAE-6613/4 (2009).
- V. V. Goncharov, A. M. Glukhov, P. M. Egorenkov, et al., “Development of ORT-3M type fuel assemblies for poor reactors and experience in using them,” in: Meeting of Specialists on Exchange of Experience in the Reconstruction of Research Reactors in the Member Countries of the Council for Mutual Economic Aid, Moscow (1984), pp. 270–301.
- A. S. Kulakov and S. V. Marin, “Submodules for photon transport modeling in the MCU-PD2006 program,” Vopr. At. Nauki Tekhn. Ser. Fiz. Yad. Reakt., No. 3, 77–87 (2009).
- L. P. Abagyan, “LIPAR-5 library of resonance parameters,” Vopr. At. Nauki Tekhn. Ser. Yad. Konst., NO. 1–2, 19–40 (1995).
- L. P. Abagyan, N. O. Bazazyants, I. I. Bondarenko, and M. N. Nikolaev, Group Constants for Calculating Nuclear Reactors, Atomizdat, Moscow (1964).
- V. A. Nasonov, N. I. Alekseev, D. Yu. Erak, et al., “Development of computational-experimental methods of determining the parameters of neutron fields in IR-8 reactor at Russian Science Center Kurchatov Institute for fundamental and applied research,” Preprint IAE-6579/4 (2009).
- MCU-PTR program for high-precision calculations of pool and tank type research reactors
Volume 109, Issue 3 , pp 149-156
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links