Relation between micro- and macrodeformations and the elasticity constants in application to radiation induced effects in a graphite reactor
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A model taking account of the contribution of the filler, binder, and ensemble of microcracks in the characteristics of reactor graphite is proposed. An analytical solution of this model is obtained. The solution is used as a basis for calculating the elastic moduli and sound speed in graphite. It is shown that the anisotropy of the computed sound speed and its dependence on the hydrostatic pressure are in agreement with experiment.
- J. Simmons, Radiation Damage and Graphite, Pergamon Press, New York (1965).
- V. S. Ostrovskii,Yu. S. Virgil’ev,V. I. Kostikov, and N. N. Shipkov, Artificial Graphite, Metallurgiya, Moscow (1986).
- P. A. Platonov, V. A. Gurovich, Ya. I. Shtrombakh, and V. I. Karpukhin, Transmission Electron Microscopic Investigation of the Structural Changes in Polycrystalline Structural Graphite after High-Temperature Irradiation, Preprint IAE-4233/11 (1985).
- Ya. I. Stombakh, B. A. Gurovich, P. A. Platonov, and V. H. Alekseev, “Radiation damage in graphite and carbongraphite materials,” J. Nucl. Mater., 225, 273–301 (1995). CrossRef
- Irradiation Damage in Graphite due to Fast Neutrons in Fission and Fusion Systems, IAEA, Vienna (2000), IAEATECDOC-1154.
- S. V. Panyukov and A. V. Subbotin, “Theory of radiation-induced shape change of graphite,” At. Énerg., 105, No. 1, 25–32 (2008).
- A. V. Subbotin, O. V. Ivanov, N. M. Dremin, et al., “Primary radiation damageability of graphite in different types of reactors,” ibid., 100, No. 3, 204–216 (2006).
- J. Nye, Physical Properties of Crystals, Clarendon Press, Oxford (1964).
- A. M. Balagurov, N. R. Vasin, T. I. Lokaichek, et al., “Anisotropy, texture, and residual stresses in rector graphite,” Izv. TulGU. Ser. Fizika, No. 6, 75–87 (2006).
- Relation between micro- and macrodeformations and the elasticity constants in application to radiation induced effects in a graphite reactor
Volume 107, Issue 5 , pp 326-332
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links