Pentaethylene-Terephthalate (PET) Bottles: A New Device for Autoerotic Strangulation of the Penis Causing Serious Injury
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Strangulation of the penis by application of constricting devices may present a challenge for the treating physician. Depending on the type of constricting material, special equipment is essential for successful removal of the foreign bodies. We report a new form of constricting device, the neck of a Coca Cola bottle made of Pentaethylene-terephthalate (PET). Particular difficulties were encountered upon removal. Technical details of this case are described. Prior literature on the treatment of penile strangulation is discussed.
- Greenspan, L. (1982). Tourniquet syndrome caused by metallic bands: A new tool for removal. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 11, 375–378. CrossRef
- Huang, J. K., Holt, D., & Philp, T. (1997). Penile constriction by foreign bodies: The use of a dental drill. British Journal of Urology, 79, 801.
- Kore, R. N., & Blacklock, A. R. (1996). Ring the fire brigade. British Journal of Urology, 78, 948.
- McGain, F., & Freedman, D. (1999). Penile entrapment in a bottle: The case for using a diamond-tipped portable glass saw. BJU International, 83, 1071–1072. CrossRef
- McLaughlin, T., & Coyner, W. (1989). Removal of a strangulating metal bearing from the penis. Journal of Urology, 141, 617.
- Perabo, F. G., Steiner, G., Albers, P., & Müller, S. C. (2002). Treatment of penile strangulation caused by constricting devices. Urology, 59, 137. CrossRef
- Schneider, T., Sperling, H., Lümmen, G., Syllwasschy, J., & Rübben, H. (2001). Does penile size in younger men cause problems in condom use? A prospective measurement of penile dimensions in 111 young and 32 older men. Urology, 57, 314–318. CrossRef
- Snoy, F. J., Wagner, S. A., Woodside, J. R., Orgel, M. G., & Borden, T. A. (1984). Management of penile incarceration. Urology, 24, 18–20. CrossRef
- Vahasarja, V., Hellstrom, P. A., Serlo, W., & Konturri, M. Y. (1993). Treatment of penile incarceration by the string method. Journal of Urology, 108, 1185–1186.
- Pentaethylene-Terephthalate (PET) Bottles: A New Device for Autoerotic Strangulation of the Penis Causing Serious Injury
Archives of Sexual Behavior
Volume 34, Issue 4 , pp 469-470
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors