Introduction: Special Issue on Argumentation in Education in Scandinavia and England
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Alexander, R. 2005. Towards dialogic teaching. Thirsk: Dialogos.
- Andrews, R., C. Torgerson, G. Low, and N. McGuinn. 2009. Teaching argument writing to 7–14 year olds: An international review of the evidence of successful practice. Cambridge Journal of Education 39: 3. (September 2009).
- Bain, A. 1871. English Composition and Rhetoric. Facsimile edition, 1996, Scholars’ Facsimiles & Reprints.
- Bakhtin, M.M. 1982. The dialogic imagination: Four essays, ed. Holquist, M. (trans: Emerson, C.). Austin, TX: University of Texas Press.
- Billig, M. 1996. Arguing and thinking: A rhetorical approach to social psychology. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Habermas, J. 1984. The theory of communicative action: vol 1 Reason and the rationalization of society (trans: Thomas McCarthy). Boston, MA: Beacon Press and London: Heinemann. (originally published in 1981 by Suhrkamp Verlag, Frankfurt).
- Halliday, M.A.K. 1978. Language as social semiotic: The social interpretation of language and meaning. London: Edward Arnold.
- Mitchell, S. 1994a. The teaching and learning of argument in sixth forms and higher education: Final report. Hull: University of Hull, Centre for Studies in Rhetoric.
- Mitchell, S. 1994b. English a level and beyond: A case study. English in Education 28:2, 36–47.
- Toulmin, S. 1958/2003. The uses of argument. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Vygotsky, L. 1962. Thought and language. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. CrossRef
- Introduction: Special Issue on Argumentation in Education in Scandinavia and England
Volume 23, Issue 4 , pp 433-436
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Learning, Curriculum and Communication, Faculty of Culture and Pedagogy, Institute of Education, University of London, 20 Bedford Way, London, WC1H 0AL, UK
- 2. Department of Teacher Education and School Development, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway