On the Convexity of Precedence Sequencing Games
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper we study a class of cooperative sequencing games that arise from one-machine sequencing situations in which chain precedence relations are imposed on the jobs. We show that these sequencing games are convex if the initial order of the jobs is a concatenation of chains.
- Borm, P., G. Fiestras-Janeiro, H. Hamers, E. Sanchez, and M. Voorneveld. (2002). “On the Convexity of Sequencing Games with DueDates.” European Journal of Operational Research 136, 616–634. CrossRef
- Calleja, P., P. Borm, H. Hamers, F. Klijn, and M. Slikker. (2002). “On a New Class of ParallelSequencing Situations and Related Games.” Annals of Operations Research 109, 265–277. CrossRef
- Curiel, I., G. Pederzoli, and S. Tijs. (1989). “Sequencing Games.” European Journal of Operational Research 40, 344–351. CrossRef
- Curiel, I., J. Potters, V. Rajendra Prasad, S. Tijs, and B. Veltman. (1994). “Sequencing and cooperation.” Operations Research 42, 566–568.
- Hamers, H., P. Borm, and S. Tijs. (1995). “On Games Corresponding to Sequencing Situations with Ready Times.” Mathematical Programming 70, 1–13.
- Hamers, H., F. Klijn, and J. Suijs. (1999). “On the Balancedness of Multimachine Sequencing Games.” European Journal of Operations Research 119, 678–691. CrossRef
- Hamers, H., J. Suijs, S. Tijs, and P. Borm. (1996) “The Split Core for Sequencing Games.” Games and Economic Behavior 15, 165–176. CrossRef
- Ichiishi, T. (1981). “Supermodularity: Applications to Convex Games and the Greedy Algorithm for LP.” Journal of Economic Theory 25, 283–286. CrossRef
- Maschler, M., B. Peleg, and L. Shapley. (1972). “The Kernel and Bargaining Set of Convex Games.” International Journal of Game Theory 2, 73–93.
- van den Nouweland, A., M. Krabbenborg, and J. Potters. (1992). “Flowshops with a Dominant Machine.” European Journal of Operations Research 62, 38–46. CrossRef
- Shapley, L. (1971). “Cores of Convex Games.” International Journal of Game Theory 1, 11–26. CrossRef
- Sidney, J. (1975). “Decomposition Algorithms or Single-Machine Sequencing with Precedence Relations andDeferral Costs.” Operations Research 23, 283–298. CrossRef
- Tijs, S. (1981). “Bounds for the Core and the τ-Value.” In O. Moeschlin and D. Pallaschke (eds.), Game Theory and Mathematical Economics,Amsterdam: North Holland Publishing Company, pp. 123–132.
- van Velzen B. and H. Hamers. (2003). “On the Balancedness of Relaxed Sequencing Games.” Mathematical Methods of Operations Research 57, 287–297. CrossRef
- On the Convexity of Precedence Sequencing Games
Annals of Operations Research
Volume 137, Issue 1 , pp 161-175
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- cooperative games
- sequencing situations
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Center and Department of Econometrics and Operational Research, Tilburg University, The Netherlands
- 2. Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC), Campus UAB, 08193, Bellaterra (Barcelona), Spain
- 3. Center and Department of Econometrics and Operational Research, Tilburg University, The Netherlands