The range of maps on classical insertion theorems
- Kaori Yamazaki
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A classical insertion theorem due to Katětov–Tong (or Dowker–Katětov, Michael) reads that ℝ can be a test space for the range of maps on the insertion theorem which characterizes the domain to be normal (or normal and countably paracompact, perfectly normal). It is known that the range ℝ in the Katětov–Tong insertion theorem is not necessarily replaced by a non-trivial separable Banach lattice. We show that the range ℝ in the Dowker–Katětov and Michael insertion theorems can be replaced by any non-trivial separable Banach lattice.
- J. M. Borwein and M. Théra, Sandwich theorems for semicontinuous operators, Canad. Math. Bull., 35 (1992), 463–474. CrossRef
- M. Čoban and V. Valov, A certain theorem of Michael on selections, C.R. Acad. Bulgare Sci., 28 (1975), 871–873 (in Russian).
- C. H. Dowker, On countably paracompact spaces, Canad. J. Math., 3 (1951), 219–224. CrossRef
- R. Engelking, General Topology, Revised and completed edition, Heldermann Verlag (Berlin, 1989).
- V. Gutev, H. Ohta and K. Yamazaki, Selections and sandwich-like properties via semi-continuous Banach-valued functions, J. Math. Soc. Japan, 55 (2003), 499–521. CrossRef
- M. Katětov, On real-valued functions in topological spaces, Fund. Math., 38 (1951), 85–91. Correction: Fund. Math., 40 (1953), 203–205.
- E. Michael, Continuous selections I, Ann. of Math., 63 (1956), 361–382. CrossRef
- H. Ohta, An insertion theorem characterizing paracompactness, Topology Proc., 30 (2006), 557–564.
- R. Pol, A perfectly normal locally metrizable non-paracompact space, Fund. Math., 97 (1977), 37–42.
- H. H. Schaefer with M. P. Wolff, Topological Vector Spaces, Second edition, GTM 3, Springer (1999).
- H. Tong, Some characterizations of normal and perfectly normal spaces, Duke Math. J., 19 (1952), 289–292. CrossRef
- T. Yamauchi, Continuous selections avoiding extreme points, Topology Appl., 155 (2008), 916–922. CrossRef
- K. Yamazaki, Insertion theorems for maps to Banach lattices, Topology Appl., 157 (2010), 1955–1965. CrossRef
- The range of maps on classical insertion theorems
Acta Mathematica Hungarica
Volume 132, Issue 1-2 , pp 42-48
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- insertion theorem
- Banach lattice
- topological vector lattice
- Kaori Yamazaki (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Faculty of Economics, Takasaki City University of Economics, 1300 Kaminamie, Takasaki, Gunma, 370-0801, Japan