Electronically tunable voltage-mode quadrature oscillator based on high performance CCCDBA
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
This paper presents a new electronically tunable voltage-mode quadrature oscillator using two high performance current controlled current differencing buffered amplifiers (CCCDBA), two capacitors and single resistor, all of them are grounded which is advantageous for monolithic integration. The condition of oscillation and the frequency of oscillation are independent and can be controlled by two separate bias currents. The output voltages are obtained at the terminals with almost zero internal impedances, thus there is no need to use any buffering devices. The MOS structure of the CCCDBA presented in this paper is of a high performance and ensures precision, large dynamic range, wide bandwidth and has the capability to drive a load with very low resistance. Non-ideal analysis of the proposed oscillator is provided and PSpice simulation results using the 0.18 μm n-well CMOS technology from TSMC are included to verify the correct functionality of the proposed circuit.
- Acar, C., & Ozoguz, S. (1999). A new versatile building block: current differencing buffered amplifier suitable for analog signal processing filters. Microelectronics Journal, 30, 157–160. CrossRef
- Sonjoi, W., Tangsrirat, W., & Surakampontorn, W. (2009). Current-controlled quadrature oscillator using only CCCDBAs: Integrated Circuits, ISIC '09 (pp. 385–388).
- Keskin, A. U., Aydin, C., Hancioglu, E., & Acar, C. (2006). Quadrature oscillator using current differencing buffered amplifiers (CDBA). Frequenz, 60, 57–60. CrossRef
- Tangsrirat, W., & Surakampontorn, W. (2009). Electronically tunable quadrature oscillator using current-controlled current differencing buffered amplifiers. Journal of Active and Passive Electronic Devices, 4, 163–174.
- Horng, J. –W. (2002). Current differencing buffered amplifiers based single resistance controlled quadrature oscillator employing grounded capacitors. IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals, E85-A, 1416–1419.
- Jaikla, W., Silapan, P., & Siripruchyanun, M. (2007). A simple quadrature oscillator using only CCCDBAS and grounded capacitors, communications and information technologies, 2007. ISCIT '07 (pp. 234–237).
- Biolek, D., Lahiri, A., Jaikla, W., Siripruchyanun, M., & Bajer, J. (2011). Realization of electronically tunable voltage-mode/current-mode quadrature sinusoidal oscillator using ZC-CG-CDBA. Microelectronics Journal, 42, 1116–1123. CrossRef
- Kaçar, F., & Menekay, S. (2011). Realization of a CMOS current differencing buffer amplifier and its filter application. 7th International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering (pp. 337–340). Bursa, Turkey.
- Hou, C.-L., Huang, C.-C., & Chang, C.-M. (2006). A sinusoidal oscillator employing current differencing buffered amplifier and minimum passive components. Journal of Advanced Engineering, 1, 103–106.
- Tangsrirat, W., & Pisitchalermpong, S. (2007). CDBA-based quadrature sinusoidal oscillator. Frequenz, 61, 102–104. CrossRef
- Prasertsom, D., & Tangsrirat, W. (2010). CDBA-based sinusoidal quadrature oscillator with current controlled amplitude. Communications and Information Technologies (ISCIT) 2010, (pp. 187–191).
- Tangsrirat, W., Pukkalanun, T., & Surakampontorn, W. (2008). CDBA-based universal biquad filter and quadrature oscillator. Active and Passive Electronic Components, 2008, Article ID 247171.
- Nandi, R., Venkateswaran, P., Das, S., & Kar, M. (2010). CDBA-based electronically tunable filters and sinusoid quadrature oscillator. Journal of Telecommunications, 4, 35–41.
- Özcan, S., Toker, A., Acar, C., Kuntman, H., & Çiçekoģlu, O. (2000). Single resistance-controlled sinusoidal oscillators employing current differencing buffered amplifier. Microelectronics Journal, 31, 169–174. CrossRef
- Lahiri, A. (2011). Low-frequency quadrature sinusoidal oscillators using current differencing buffered amplifiers. Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, 49, 423–428.
- http://www.mosis.com/pages/Technical/Testdata/tsmc-018-prm. Accessed 2012.
- Electronically tunable voltage-mode quadrature oscillator based on high performance CCCDBA
Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing
Volume 74, Issue 3 , pp 499-505
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Quadrature oscillator
- Voltage-mode applications
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Microelectronics, Brno University of Technology, Technická 10, Brno, Czech Republic
- 2. Department of Engineering Education, Faculty of Industrial Education, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Bangkok, Thailand
- 3. Department of Telecommunications, Brno University of Technology, Purkyňova 118, Brno, Czech Republic