New single-parameter models for nonlinear electronic systems and its use in predicting intermodulation performance
- Muhammad Taher Abuelma’atti
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Simple single-parameter models are presented for the instantaneous characteristics of nonlinear electronic systems. The models can easily provide closed-form expressions, in terms of the ordinary Bessel functions, for the amplitudes of the output components of the nonlinear systems excited by multisinusoidal signals. Moreover, being a single-parameter model, the nonlinear electronic circuit can be easily characterized using a set of measured data for the variation of the relative output third-order intermodulation over an appropriate range of input tone amplitudes of a two-tone equal-amplitude input signal.
- Abuelma’atti, M. T. (1983). On the characterization of memoryless bandpass non-linear systems from intermodulation measurements. International Journal of Electronics, 54, 683–687. CrossRef
- Abuelma’atti, M. T. (1984). Frequency-dependent nonlinear quadrature model for TWT amplifiers. IEEE Transactions on Communications, COM-32, 982–986. CrossRef
- Abuelma’atti, M. T. (1998). Harmonic and intermodulation performance of nonlinear electronic circuits. Active and Passive Electronic Components, 21, 87–105. CrossRef
- Adams, E. P. (1922). Smithsonian mathematical formulae. Washington: Smithsonian Institute.
- Aghasi, A. R., Karkhaneh, H., & Ghorbani, A. (2007). A modified model and linearization method for solid state power amplifier. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, 51, 81–88. CrossRef
- Berman, A. L., & Mahle, C. E. (1970). Nonlinear phase shift in traveling-wave tubes as applied to multiple access communication satellites. IEEE Transactions on Communication Technology, COM-18, 37–48. CrossRef
- Blachman, N. M. (1971). Detectors, bandpass nonlinearities, and their optimization: inverse of the Chebyshev transfer. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, IT-17, 398–404. CrossRef
- Cann, A. J. (1980). Nonlinearity model with variable knee sharpness. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, AES-16, 874–877. CrossRef
- Edwards, J. (1922). Treatise on integral calculus, Vol. II (p. 302). New York: Chelsea Publishing Company.
- Haber, F., & Epstein, B. (1958). The parameters of nonlinear devices from harmonic measurements. IRE Transactions on Electron Devices, 5, 26–28. CrossRef
- Honkanen, M., Pollanen, O., Tnskanen, J., Jarvinen, E., Haggman, S.-G. (1998). Comparison of measured and simulated π/4-DQPSK adjacent channel power using functional high power amplifier model. Proceedings of the 48th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (pp. 2459–2463).
- Jolley, L. B. W. (1961). Summation of series. New York: Dover Publications.
- Jones, J. J. (1965). Hard-limiting of two signals in random noise. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, IT-9, 34–42.
- Kaye, A. R., George, D. A., & Eric, M. J. (1972). Analysis and compensation of bandpass nonlinearities for communications. IEEE Transactions on Communications, COM-20, 965–972. CrossRef
- Kuo, Y. (1973). Noise loading analysis of a memoryless nonlinearity characterised by a Taylor series of finite order. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurements, IM-22, 246–249. CrossRef
- Larkin, R. (1991). Multiple signal intermodulation and stability considerations in the use of linear repeaters. Proceedings IEEE 41st Vehicular Technology Conference (pp. 747–752).
- Madani, M. H., Abdipour, A., & Mohammadi, A. (2011). Analytical performance evaluation of the OFDM systems in the presence of jointly fifth order nonlinearity and phase noise. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, 66, 103–115. CrossRef
- Maseng, T. (1978). On the characterization of a bandpass nonlinearity by two-tone measurements. IEEE Transactions on Communications, COM-26, 746–754. CrossRef
- Medhurst, R. G. (1966). Calculation of transfer characteristics from measured harmonic levels. Electronics Letters, 2, 67–68. CrossRef
- Potter, B. E. (1964). A note on obtaining power series transfer coefficients from harmonic measurements. IEEE Transactions on Circuit Theory, CT-11, 291–292.
- Poza, H. B., Berger, H. L., & Bernstein, D. M. (1978). A wideband data link computer simulation model. Computers & Electrical Engineering, 5, 135–149. CrossRef
- Sabaroff, S. (1967). Relationship between rms and instantaneous characteristics of nonlinear devices. IEEE Proceedings, 55, 2167–2168. CrossRef
- Saleh, A. A. M. (1981). Frequency-independent and frequency-dependent nonlinear models of TWT amplifiers. IEEE Transactions on Communications, COM-29, 1715–1720. CrossRef
- Sea, R. G. (1968). An algebraic formula for amplitudes of intermodulation products involving an arbitrary number of frequencies. Proceedings of the IEEE, 56, 1388–1389. CrossRef
- Sea, R. G., & Vacroux, A. G. (1969). On the computation of intermodulation products for a power series nonlinearity. Proceedings of the IEEE, 57, 1388–1389. CrossRef
- Steer, M. B., & Khan, P. J. (1983). An algebraic formula for the output of a system with large-signal, multifrequency excitation. Proceedings of the IEEE, 71, 1388–1389. CrossRef
- Sunde, E. D. (1965). Intermodulation distortion in multicarrier FM systems. IEEE International Convention Record, 2(Part 2), 130–146.
- Thomas, C. M., Weidner, M. Y., & Durrani, S. H. (1974). Digital amplitude-phase keying with M-ary alphabets. IEEE Transactions on Communications, COM-22, 168–180. CrossRef
- New single-parameter models for nonlinear electronic systems and its use in predicting intermodulation performance
Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing
Volume 72, Issue 1 , pp 243-250
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Nonlinear systems
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, P. O: 203, Dhahran, 31261, Saudi Arabia