Levi quasivarieties of exponent p s
- V. V. Lodeishchikova
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
For an arbitrary class M of groups, L(M) denotes a class of all groups G the normal closure of any element in which belongs to M; qM is a quasivariety generated by M. Fix a prime p, p ≠ 2, and a natural number s, s ≥ 2. Let qF be a quasivariety generated by a relatively free group in a class of nilpotent groups of class at most 2 and exponent p s , with commutator subgroups of exponent p. We give a description of a Levi class generated by qF. Fix a natural number n, n ≥ 2. Let K be an arbitrary class of nilpotent groups of class at most 2 and exponent 2 n , with commutator subgroups of exponent 2. Assume also that for all groups in K, elements of order 2 m , 0 < m < n, are contained in the center of a given group. It is proved that a Levi class generated by a quasivariety qK coincides with a variety of nilpotent groups of class at most 2 and exponent 2 n , with commutator subgroups of exponent 2.
- L. C. Kappe, “On Levi-formations,” Arch. Math., 23, No. 6, 561–572 (1972). CrossRef
- F. W. Levi, “Groups in which the commutator operation satisfies certain algebraic conditions,” J. Indian Math. Soc., 6, 87–97 (1942).
- R. F. Morse, “Levi-properties generated by varieties,” in Cont. Math., 169, Am. Math. Soc., Providence, RI (1994), pp. 467–474.
- A. I. Budkin, “Levi quasivarieties,” Sib. Mat. Zh., 40, No. 2, 266–270 (1999).
- A. I. Budkin, “Levi classes generated by nilpotent groups,” Algebra Logika, 39, No. 6, 635–647 (2000).
- L. C. Kappe and W. P. Kappe, “On three-Engel groups,” Bull. Austr. Math. Soc., 7, No. 3, 391–405 (1972). CrossRef
- A. I. Budkin and L. V. Taranina, “On Levi quasivarieties generated by nilpotent groups,” Sib. Mat. Zh., 41, No. 2, 270–277 (2000).
- V. V. Lodeishchikova, “On Levi quasivarieties generated by nilpotent groups,” Izv. Altai State Univ., No. 1(61), 26–29 (2009).
- A. I. Budkin and V. A. Gorbunov, “Quasivarieties of algebraic systems,” Algebra Logika, 14, No. 2, 123–142 (1975).
- A. I. Budkin, Quasivarieties of Groups [in Russian], Altai State Univ., Barnaul (2002).
- M. I. Kargapolov and Yu. I. Merzlyakov, Fundamentals of Group Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).
- A. I. Mal’tsev, Algebraic Systems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).
- H. Neumann, Varieties of Groups, Springer, Berlin (1967).
- A. G. Kurosh, Group Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967).
- V. A. Gorbunov, Algebraic Theory of Quasivarieties, Sib. School Alg. Log. [in Russian], Nauch. Kniga, Novosibirsk (1999).
- A. N. Fyodorov, “Quasi-identities of finite 2-nilpotent groups,” VINITI, Dep. No. 5489-B87 (1987).
- Levi quasivarieties of exponent p s
Algebra and Logic
Volume 50, Issue 1 , pp 17-28
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Levi classes
- nilpotent groups
- Author Affiliations
- 1. ul. Georgieva 4-6, Barnaul, 656057, Russia