Date: 25 Oct 2012
Self-assessment and dialogue: can it improve learning?
- Diana H. J. M. Dolmans
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
An author's reply to this comment is available at http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10459-012-9432-6.
This comment refers to the article available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10459-012-9363-2.
- Driessen, EW, Tartwijk, J, Vleuten, CPM, Wass, VJ (2007) Portfolios in medical education: Why do they meet with mixed success? A systematic review. Medical Education 41: pp. 1224-1233 CrossRef
- Mann, K, Gordon, J, MacLeod, A (2009) Reflection and reflective practice in health professions education: A systematic review. Advances in Health Sciences Education 14: pp. 595-621 CrossRef
- Plant, J.L., Corden, M., Mourad, M., O’Brien, B.C. & van Schaik, S. M. (2012). Understanding self-assessment as an informed process: Residents’ use of external information for self-assessment of performance in simulated resuscitations. Advances in Health Sciences Education. doi:10.1007/s10459-012-9363-2.
- Sargeant, J, Armson, H, Chesluk, B, Dornan, T, Eva, K, Holmboe, E, Locker, J, Loney, E, Mann, K, Vleuten, C (2010) The processes and dimensions of informed self-assessment: A conceptual model. Academic Medicine 85: pp. 1212-1220 CrossRef
- Sargeant, J, McNaughton, E, Mercer, S, Murphy, D, Sullivan, P, Bruce, D (2011) Providing feedback: Exploring a model (Emotion, Content, Outcomes) for facilitating multisource feedback. Medical Teacher 33: pp. 744-749 CrossRef
- Tigelaar, DEH, Dolmans, DHJM, Grave, WS, Wolfhagen, HAP, Vleuten, CPM (2006) Participants’ opinions on the usefulness of a teaching portfolio. Medical Education 40: pp. 371-378 CrossRef
- Mann, K., van der Vleuten, C., Eva, K., Armson, H., Chesluk, B., Dornan, T., et al. (2011). Tensions in informed self-assessment: How the desire for feedback and reticence to collect and use it can conflict. Academic Medicine, 86(9), 1120–1126.
- Self-assessment and dialogue: can it improve learning?
Advances in Health Sciences Education
Volume 18, Issue 2 , pp 193-195
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Educational Development and Research, School of Health Professions Education (SHE), Maastricht University, PO Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands