Making the horse drink: use of mini-CEX in an assessment for learning view
- Lambert Schuwirth
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Alves de Lima, A., Conde, D., Costabel, J., Corso, J., & Van der Vleuten, C. (2012). A laboratory study on the reliability estimations of the mini-CEX. Advances in Health Sciences Education. doi:10.1007/s10459-011-9343-y.
- Bordage, G. (1987). An alternative approach to PMP’s: The “key-features” concept. In I. R. Hart & R. Harden (Eds.), Further developments in assessing clinical competence, proceedings of the second Ottawa conference (pp. 59–75). Montreal: Can-Heal Publications Inc.
- Cilliers, F. J., Schuwirth, L. W. T., Adendorff, H. J., Herman, N., & Van der Vleuten, C. P. M. (2010). The mechanisms of impact of summative assessment on medical students’ learning. Advances in Health Sciences Education, 15, 695–715. CrossRef
- Cilliers, F. J., Schuwirth, L. W. T., Herman, N., Adendorff, H. J., & Van der Vleuten, C. P. M. (2012). A model of the pre-assessment learning effects of summative assessment in medical education. Advances in Health Sciences Education, 17, 39–53. CrossRef
- Frederiksen, N. (1984). The real test bias: Influences of testing on teaching and learning. American Psychologist, 39(3), 193–202. CrossRef
- Mezirow, J. (2002). Transformative learning: Theory to practice. New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education, 74, 5–12.
- Regehr, G., & Norman, G. R. (1996). Issues in cognitive psychology: Implications for professional education. Academic Medicine, 71(9), 988–1001. CrossRef
- Shepard, L. (2009). The role of assessment in a learning culture. Educational Researcher, 29(7), 4–14.
- Van der Vleuten, C., & Schuwirth, L. (2005). Assessing professional competence: From methods to programmes. Medical Education, 39(3), 309–317. CrossRef
- van Merrienboer, J. J., & Sweller, J. (2010). Cognitive load theory in health professional education: Design principles and strategies. Medical Education, 44(1), 85–93. CrossRef
- Williams, M., Klamen, D., & McGaghie, W. (2003). Cognitive, social and environmental sources of bias in clinical performance ratings. Teaching and Learning in Medicine, 15(4), 270–292. CrossRef
- Making the horse drink: use of mini-CEX in an assessment for learning view
Advances in Health Sciences Education
Volume 18, Issue 1 , pp 1-4
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Lambert Schuwirth (1) (2)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Flinders Innovation in Clinical Education, Health Professions Education, School of Medicine, Flinders University, Sturt Road, Bedford Park, SA, 5042, Australia
- 2. Flinders Innovation in Clinical Education, Health Professions Education, School of Medicine, Flinders University, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide, SA, 5001, Australia