Harry L. Goldsmith, Ph.D.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In honor of Dr. Harry L. Goldsmith’s 80th birthday, we present a collection of articles from his collaborators and colleagues to commemorate Harry’s outstanding contributions to the field of Biorheology. On any particular day, bioengineers around the world may find themselves fortunate enough to peer through a microscope to observe molecular or cellular level phenomena manifested before their eyes. Such observations of single molecule mechanics or blood flows or cellular deformation remind us of the power of clever experimental design and rigorous theoretical constructs as well as the complex beauty of dynamical systems in nature. In this spirit, the investigations reported in this issue of the Annals entitled Cellular Biorheology and Biomechanics have followed down many of the research paths pioneered by Dr. Harry Goldsmith.
Harry Goldsmith, born May 11, 1928 in Nurnberg Germany, obtained his BA (1950), and B.Sc. (1951) from Oxford University and his PhD (1961) from McGill University ...
- Arp P. A., S. G. Mason The kinetics of flowing dispersions VII. Doublets of rigid spheres (theoretical). J. Colloid Interface Sci. 61:21–43, 1977 CrossRef
- Bell D. N., H. L. Goldsmith Platelet aggregation in Poiseuille flow: II. Effect of shear rate. Microvasc Res. 27(3):316–330, 1984 CrossRef
- Brenner H., M. E. O’Neill, On the Stokes resistance of multiparticle systems in a linear shear field. Chem. Eng. Sci. 27:1421–1439, 1972 CrossRef
- Goldsmith H. L., O. Lichtarge, M. Tessier-Lavigne, S. Spain, Some model experiments in hemodynamics: VI. Two-body collisions between blood cells. Biorheology 18(3–6):531–555, 1981
- Goldsmith H. I., S. G. Mason. Axial migration of particles in Poiseulle flow. Nature 190:1095–1096, 1961 CrossRef
- Goldsmith H. L., K. Takamura, D. Bell, Shear-induced collisions between human blood cells. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 416:299–318, 1983 CrossRef
- Karino T., H. L. Goldsmith Adhesion of human platelets to collagen on the walls distal to a tubular expansion. Microvasc Res. 17(3 Pt 1):238–262, 1979 CrossRef
- Karino T, Kwong HH, Goldsmith HL (1979) Particle flow behaviour in models of branching vessels: I. Vortices in 90 degrees T-junctions. Biorheology 16(3):231–248
- Tha S. P., J. Shuster, H. L. Goldsmith Interaction forces between red cells agglutinated by antibody. II. Measurement of hydrodynamic force of breakup. Biophys J. 50(6):1117–1126, 1986 CrossRef
- Harry L. Goldsmith, Ph.D.
Annals of Biomedical Engineering
Volume 36, Issue 4 , pp 523-526
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors