Sentinel Node Biopsy for Patients With DCIS: A Dangerous and Unwarranted Direction
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Dowlatshahi K, Fan,M. Bloom KJ, et al. Occult metastases in sentinel lymph nodes of patients with early stage breast carcinoma. A Preliminary Study, Cancer, 1999; 86: 990–96.
- Cote RJ, Peterson HF, Chaiwun B, et al. Role of immunohistochemical detection of lymph-node metastases in management of breast cancer. Lancet, 1999; 354: 896–900.
- Carter BA, Jensen RA, Simpson JF, et al. Benign transport of breast epithelium into axillary lymph nodes after biopsy. Am J Clin Pathol 2000; 113: 259–65.
- Silverstein MJ, Rosser RJ, Gierson ED, et al. Axillary lymph node dissection for intraductal breast carcinoma - is it indicated? Cancer 1987; 59: 1819–24.
- Klauber-DeMore N, Tan LK, Liberman L, et al. Sentinel lymph node biopsy. Is it indicated in patients with high-risk DCIS and DCIS with microinvasion? Ann Surg Oncol 2000; 7: 636–42.
- Braun S, Pantel K, Muller P, et al. Cytokeratin-positive cells in the bone marrow and survival of patients with stage I, II, or III breast cancer. New Engl J Med 2000; 342: 523–533.
- Lagios MD, Westdahl PR, Margolin FR, et al. Duct carcinoma in situ. Relationship of extent of noninvasive disease to the frequency of occult invasion, multicentricity, lymph node metastases, and short-term treatment failure. Cancer. 1982; 50: 1309–14.
- Fisher B, Digman J, Wolmark N, et al. Lumpectomy and radiation therapy for the treatment of intraductal breast cancer: findings from National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project B-17. J Clin Oncol 1998; 16: 441–452.
- Silverstein MJ, Lagios MD, Martino S, et al. Outcome After Invasive Local Recurrence in Patients with Ductal Carcinoma in Situ of the Breast. J Clin Oncol 1998; 16: 1367–73.
- Solin LJ, Recht A, Fourquet A, et al. Ten-year results of breast-conserving surgery and definitive irradiation for intraductal carcinoma (ductal carcinoma in situ) of the breast. Cancer 1991; 68: 2337–44.
- Solin LJ, Kurtz J, Fourquet A, et al. Fifteen year results of breast conserving surgery and definitive breast irradiation for treatment of ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast. J Clin Oncol 1996; 14: 754–63.
- Julien JP, Bijker N, Fentiman I, et al. Radiotherapy in breast conserving treatment for ductal carcinoma in situ: First results of EORTC randomized phase III trial 10853. Lancet 2000; 355: 528–33.
- Anderson BO. Axillary metastases with DCIS: is the glass half empty or half full? Ann Surg Oncol 2000; 7: 631–33.
- Silverstein MJ, Lagios MD, Groshen S, et al. The influence of margin width on local control in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) of the breast. N Engl J Med 1999; 340: 1455–61.
- Sentinel Node Biopsy for Patients With DCIS: A Dangerous and Unwarranted Direction
Annals of Surgical Oncology
Volume 8, Issue 4 , pp 275-277
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors