The effects of CIK cells on the treatment of renal cell carcinoma
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
To observe the effects of cytokine-induced killer (CIK) cells on the treatment of renal cell carcinoma.
Twenty-eight postoperative cases with stage I or stage II renal cell carcinoma were admitted in our hospital from January 2002 to June 2006, all cases were pathologically confirmed, and were divided into group A (18 cases) and group B (10 cases). Group A was administrated 3–12 periods of CIK cells treatment combined with 5–7 cycles of IL-2 and INFα-2b, together with 4 cycles of chemotherapy (5-Fu + CF). Group B was given 4 cycles of chemotherapy (5-Fu + CF) and 5–7 cycles of IL-2 and INFα-2b.
Three cases in group A had metastatic masses in two lungs within 1 year and died within 2 years postoperatively. The other 15 cases are still alive and in good health. Six cases in group B had metastatic masses in two lungs or/and in abdominal cavity within 1 year, and 4 of them died within 2 years. All the 6 cases died within 3 years. The other 4 cases are still alive and in good health.
CIK cells are safe and effective for the treatment of stage I or stage II renal cell carcinoma, which should be further widely used.
- Chen FX, Liu JQ, Zhang NZ. Clinical observation of immunotherapy for malignant carcinoma by autonomous CIK cells. Chin J Cancer (Chinese), 2002, 21: 797–801.
- Ren H, Xu HW, Song YH, et al. In vitro proliferation of CIK cells and their clinical antineoplastic activities. Chin J Immunol (Chinese), 1998, 14: 406–408.
- Du QY, Liu MX, Wang FS, et al. Antitumor effects of CIK cells against hepatocellular carcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo. Chin Oncol (Chinese), 2001, 11: 325–327.
- Sun S, Li XM, Wang JG, et al. Studies on anti-proliferation and inducing apoptosis effects of CIK cells against MGC-803 gastric cancer cell lines. Chin J Immunol (Chinese), 2004, 20: 831–833.
- Shi YG, Yu JR, Cen XN, et al. Large capacity expanded cytoline-induced killer cells and its cytotoxic activity. J Biomed Eng, 2001, 18: 94–96.
- Tong CR, Geng YB, Lu DP. A pilot report of the effect of auto-cytokine induced killers on the patients with acute leukemia. J Peking Univ (Health Sciences) (Chinese), 2000, 32: 473–477.
- Lenhard RE, Osteen RT, Gansler T. Clinical Oncology. 1st ed. Atlanta: American Cancer Society, 2001. 415–419.
- The effects of CIK cells on the treatment of renal cell carcinoma
The Chinese-German Journal of Clinical Oncology
Volume 8, Issue 6 , pp 346-348
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- cytokine-induced killer (CIK) cells
- renal cell carcinoma