In vitro study of radiosensitization by β-Elemene in A549 cell line from adenocarcinoma of lung
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
To explore the effect and possible mechanism in vitro of radiosensitization by β-Elemene in A549 cell line from adenocarcinoma of lung.
The A549 cell line from adenocarcinoma of lung was chosen for the study to determine the inhibition ratio by using MTT assay. Morphologic change, growth curve, cloning efficiency, divisional index were observed. Change of cell cycle and apoptosis rate were analyzed by FCM and the expressions of gene P53 and Bcl-2 were detected.
Reproductive activity of the group which was under irradiation and β-Elemene was significantly suppressed and its cloning efficiency and divisional index also declined. The apoptosis rate of the group which was under irradiation and β-Elemene was significantly higher at 48 h and 72 h, which was analyzed by FCM. The expression of P53 without Bcl-2 was observed in the group under irradiation and β-Elemene and the group under β-Elemene only at the 48th hour point, while the expression of Bcl-2 without p53 was observed in the group under irradiation only and the control group.
β-Elemene is good at radiosensitization and its mechanism may be relevant to the up-regulation of P53, down-regulation of Bcl-2 and inducing apoptosis.
- Bao YX, Luo CL, Tang WX, et al. Study on the effect of Elemene in lung cancer cell line A549. Chin J Clin Oncol (Chinese), 2002, 29: 338–341.
- Yuan J, Gu ZL. Cytometric analysis of Elemene induced apoptosis of K562 cells. J Pract Oncol (Chinese), 1998, 13: 343–345.
- Fan Y, Lin GJ, Qian LP, et al. Effect of Elemene on the telomerase activity and apoptosis of gastric cancer SGC-7901 cell line. J Fudan Univ: Med Sci (Chinese), 2001, 28: 5–8.
- Fan Y, Lin GJ, Qian LP, et al. Effects of Elemene on c-myc gene mRNA expression and telomerase activity of gastric mucosa carcinomatous changes in Wistar rats. Chin J Clin Oncol (Chinese), 2002, 29: 211–214.
- She JJ, Wang ZM, Che XM, et al. Expressions of Caspase-3 and Bcl-2 in radiosensitization of β-Elemene on rabbit VX2 renal carcinoma. J Fourth Mil Med Univ (Chinese), 2006, 27: 2285–2287.
- Chen W, Qiao Z, Shi T, et al. In vitro study on increase in radio sensitivity of renal cell carcinoma induced by β-Elemene. J Xi’an Jiaotong Univ: Med Sci (Chinese), 2004, 25: 182–185.
- In vitro study of radiosensitization by β-Elemene in A549 cell line from adenocarcinoma of lung
The Chinese-German Journal of Clinical Oncology
Volume 8, Issue 1 , pp 12-15
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links