Primary clinical study on treatment with velcade for multiple myeloma
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
To explore the outcome and side-effects in patients with multiple myeloma treated with velcade and combined chemotherapy.
6 patients with multiple myeloma were treated with the combination of velcade and dexamethasone or DVD (V-DVD regimen) chemotherapy.
6 patients responded to treatment. 4 patients achieved complete remission (CR), 1 achieved partial remission (PR) and 1 achieved micro responded (MR). Major toxicities consisted of peripheral neuropathy, thrombocytopenia and hepatic impairment.
Velcade combined chemotherapy is an effective and safety treatment for patients with multiple myeloma.
- Hideshima, T., Anderson, K.C. (2002) Molecular mechanisms of novel therapeutic approaches for multiple myeloma. Nat Rev Cancer 2: pp. 927-937 CrossRef
- Hideshima, T., Chauhan, D., Richardson, P. (2002) NF-kappa B as a therapeutic target in multiple myeloma. J Biol Chem 277: pp. 16639-16647 CrossRef
- Hideshima, T., Richardson, P., Chauhan, D. (2001) The proteasome inhibitor PS-341 inhibits growth, induces apoptosis, and overcomes drug resistance in human multiple myeloma cells. Cancer Res 61: pp. 3071-3076
- Richardson, P.G., Barlogie, B., Barenson, J. (2003) A phase 2 study of bortezomib in relapsed, refractory myeloma. N Engl J Med 348: pp. 2609-2617 CrossRef
- Mitsiades, N., Mitsiades, C.S., Richardson, P.G. (2003) The proteasome inhibitor PS-341 potentiates sensitivity of multiple myeloma cells to conventional chemotherapeutic agents: therapeutic applicantions. Blood 101: pp. 2377-2380 CrossRef
- Zhang, Z.N. (1998) Dignosis and evaluation criterion of hemotologic disease. The Science Publishing House, Beijing
- Richardson, P.G., Sonneveld, P., Schuster, M.W. (2005) Bortezomib or high dose dexamethasone for relapsed multiple myeloma. N Engl J Med 352: pp. 2487-2498 CrossRef
- Zangari M, Barlogie B, Burns MJ, et al. Velcade (V)-thalidomide (T)-dexamehtasone (D) for advanced and refractory multiple myeloma (MM): long-term follow-up of phase I–II trial UARK2001-37: superior outcome in patients with normal cytogenetics and no prior T. Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts), 2005, 106: Abstract 2552.
- Primary clinical study on treatment with velcade for multiple myeloma
The Chinese-German Journal of Clinical Oncology
Volume 6, Issue 6 , pp 579-581
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links