Establishment of nude mice model of human osteosarcoma cell MG63 with different potential of metastasis
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
To establish a nude mice model of human osteosarcoma lung metastasis.
The growth of human osteosarcoma cell sublines M8 and M6 was determined by MTT assay. 2 × 107 cells were injected into the tail vein of nude mice. Mice were sacrificed started on week 4 after injection, and lung metastases were evaluated under both macroscopic and microscopic observation with HE staining.
The growth of low-metastatic subline M6 was lower than high-metastatic sublines M8. Seventeen mice after injected M8 had occurred lung metastases while only one mice had occurred in M6 group. Moreover, M8 cells within metastases were arrangement disorder with variable nuclear hyperchromasia.
A mouse model for human osteosarcoma cancer lung metastasis can be established by injection different ability of metastasis MG63 cells into tail vein.
- Mankin HJ, Hornicek FJ, Rosenberg AE, et al. Survival data for 648 patients with osteosarcoma treated at one institution. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 2004, 429: 286–291. CrossRef
- McClatchey AI. Modeling metastasis in the mouse. Oncogene, 1999, 18: 5334–5339. CrossRef
- Rosol TJ, Tannehill-Gregg SH, LeRoy BE, et al. Cancer, 2003, 97: 748–757. CrossRef
- Giavazzi R, Campbell DE, Jessup JM, et al. Metastatic behavior of tumor cells isolated from primary and metastatic human colorectal carcinomas implanted into different sites of nude mice. Cancer Res, 1986, 46: 1928–1933.
- Giavazzi R, Jessup JM, Campbell DE, et al. Experimental nude model of human colorectal cancer liver metastasis. J Nati Cancer Inst, 1986, 77: 1303–1308.
- Tarin, D and Price, JE. Influence of the microenvironment and vascular anatomy on “metastatic” colonization potential of mammary tumors. Cancer Res, 1981, 41: 3604–3609.
- Establishment of nude mice model of human osteosarcoma cell MG63 with different potential of metastasis
The Chinese-German Journal of Clinical Oncology
Volume 6, Issue 5 , pp 484-486
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Orthopedics, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
- 2. Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China