Theoretical Treatment of Electric and Magnetic Multipole Radiation Near a Planar Dielectric Surface Based on Angular Spectrum Representation of Vector Field
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We have developed an analytic treatment of light emission properties of electric and magnetic multipoles near a planar dielectric surface, using angular spectrum representation of vector spherical waves. The results are described in terms of spatial rotation matrix elements, so that the angular distribution of light emission for higher order multipoles is easily obtained, which enables us to evaluate basic optical near-field problems such as electric dipole radiation with arbitrary orientation with respect both to surface and observation direction. The numerical results are in good agreement with our previous experimental results and the numerical results reported by Lukosz.
- See, for example, articles in Near Field Optics, eds. D.W. Pohl and D. Courjon (Kluwer Academic Publishers, Netherlands, 1993
- J.M. Wylie and J.E. Sipe: Phys. Rev. A 30 (1984) 1185. CrossRef
- F.S. huurmans: Phys. Rev. A 11 (1975) 230. CrossRef
- T. Matsudo, T. Inoue, Y. Inoue, H. Hori and T. Sakurai: Phys. Rev. A 55 (1997) 2406. CrossRef
- C.K. Carniglia, L. Mandel and K.H. Drexhage: J. Opt. Soc. Am. 62 (1972) 479.
- A.L. Burgmans and M.F. Schuurmans: Phys. Rev. A 16 (1977) 2002. CrossRef
- W. Lukosz and R.E. Kunz: J. Opt. Soc. Am. 67 (1977) 1607.
- W. Lukosz and R.E. Kunz: J. Opt. Soc. Am. 67 (1977) 1615.
- Lukosz: J. Opt. Soc. Am. 69 (1979) 1495.
- T. Inoue and H. Hori: Opt. Rev. 3 (1996) 458.
- A.S. Davydov: Quantum Mechanics (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1965) 1st ed. Chap. XIV, Sect. 135, p. 578.
- A.R. Edmonds: Angular Momentum in Quantum Mechanics (Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1974) 2nd ed., Chap. 5, Sect. 5.9, p. 81.
- E. Wolf and M. Nieto-Vesperinas: J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 2 (1985) 886.
- M. Born and E. Wolf: Principles of Optics (Pergamon Press, Oxford 1975) 6th ed., Appendix. III, Sect. 3, p. 753.
- R. Asby and E. Wolf: J. Opt. Soc. Am. 61 (1971) 52.
- K. Miyamoto and E. Wolf: J. Opt. Soc. Am. 52 (1962) 615.
- C.K. Carniglia and L. Mandel: Phys. Rev. D 3 (1971) 280. CrossRef
- Theoretical Treatment of Electric and Magnetic Multipole Radiation Near a Planar Dielectric Surface Based on Angular Spectrum Representation of Vector Field
Volume 5, Issue 5 , pp 295-302
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- optical near-field
- evanescent wave
- dielectric surface
- angular spectrum
- Industry Sectors