Quadrature phase-shifting interferometer with a polarization imaging camera
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We present a new high-speed phase distribution measurement, in which a polarization imaging camera is applied to a quadrature phase-shifting interferometer. The polarization imaging camera composed of a polarizer-mask on a detector array can provide simultaneously two phase-shifted data in quadrature. Two sets of two phase-shifted data in quadrature are obtained before and after a change of the interferometer such as object displacement or environmental disturbances. Phase sum and difference distributions of the interferograms between two states with arbitrary phase-shift in the interferometer are calculated with the two sets of two phase-shifted data in quadrature. This phase calculation method in the pixel displaced phase-shift method has such advantage that phase-shifted data required for the calculation of phase distributions can be obtained by only two pixels in the polarizer-mask detector array, which means no reduction of the image resolution in the other direction. The principle of this technique and experimental results are presented.
- J. H. Bruning, D. R. Herriott, J. E. Gallagher, D. P. Rosenfeld, A. D. White, and D. J. Brangaccio: Appl. Opt. 13 (1974) 2693. CrossRef
- R. Smythe and R. Moore: Opt. Eng. 23 (1984) 361.
- J. Millerd, N. Brock, J. Hayes, M. North-Morris, M. Novak, and J. C. Wyant: Proc. SPIE 5531 (2004) 304. CrossRef
- Y. Awatsuji, M. Sasada, and T. Kubota: Appl. Phys. Lett. 85 (2004) 1069. CrossRef
- M. Takeda, H. Ina, and S. Kobayashi: J. Opt. Soc. Am. 72 (1982) 156. CrossRef
- K. Tsukamoto, C. Li, H. Kobatake, and T. Maki: J. Jpn. Soc. Microgravity Appl. 18 (2001) 190 [in Japanese].
- J. W. Baer and W. P. Lotz: Proc. SPIE 4822 (2002) 35. CrossRef
- S. Nakadate, T. Kiire, K. Shiozawa, and M. Shibuya: Kogaku 33 (2004) 407 [in Japanese].
- Quadrature phase-shifting interferometer with a polarization imaging camera
Volume 17, Issue 3 , pp 210-213
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Optical Society of Japan
- Additional Links
- phase shift
- phase calculation
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 2. Center for Optical Research and Education (CORE), Utsunomiya University, Utsunomiya, 321-8585, Japan
- 1. Department of Media and Image Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Tokyo Polytechnic University, Atsugi, Kanagawa, 243-0297, Japan