Space low-pass and temporal high-pass nonuniformity correction algorithm
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Nowadays, almost all scene-based nonuniformity correction (NUC) algorithms have the same shortcoming: a low convergence speed. This shortcoming produces ghosting artifacts. In this paper, we will start by discussing the traditional temporal high-pass NUC algorithm, and then combine the space frequency and temporal frequency. This combination will produce a new algorithm called the space low-pass and temporal high-pass NUC algorithm. The kernel idea of this algorithm is to eliminate the nonuniformity’s high-space-frequency part and retain the nonuniformity’s low-space-frequency part. Moreover, the high-space-frequency part’s processing is controllable, which markedly increases convergence speed. These features make our algorithm’s convergence speed so high that processed images have almost no ghosting artifacts.
- Y. Jian, S. Ruan, H. Zhou, and C. Liu: Proc. IEEE 6th World Congre. Intelligent Control and Automation, 2006, p. 10328.
- A. F. Milton, F. R. Barone, and M. R. Kruer: Opt. Eng. 24 (1985) 855.
- J. M. Mooney, F. D. Shepherd, W. S. Ewing, J. E. Murguia, and J. Silverman: Opt. Eng. 28 (1989) 1151.
- M. Schulz and L. Caldwell: Proc. SPIE 2470 (1995) 200. CrossRef
- S. Ullman and G. Schechtman: Proc. R. Soc. London, Ser. B 216 (1982) 299. CrossRef
- D. A. Scribner, K. A. Sarkady, J. T. Caulfield, M. R. Kruer, G. Katz, and C. J. Gridly: Proc. SPIE 1308 (1990) 224. CrossRef
- D. A. Scribner, K. A. Sarkady, and J. T. Caulfield: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Neural Networks, 1993, p. 1955.
- J. G. Harris and Y. M. Chiang: IEEE Trans. Image Process. 8 (1999) 1148. CrossRef
- R. Charnigo, J. Sun, and R. Muzic, Jr.: IEEE Trans. Image Process. 15 (2006) 666. CrossRef
- Space low-pass and temporal high-pass nonuniformity correction algorithm
Volume 17, Issue 1 , pp 24-29
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Optical Society of Japan
- Additional Links
- scene-based nonuniformity correction
- ghosting artifacts
- temporal high-pass
- space low-pass
- convergence speed
- Industry Sectors