Fast acquisition of reflectance spectra using wide spectral lines
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We analyze a recently proposed technique for fast acquisition of the two-dimensional (2D) spatial distribution of reflectance spectra to figure out how much its ability of distinguishing almost similar spectra declines with increase of the spectral line bandwidth of the light source. This analysis was carried out using the experimentally measured reflectance spectra of four metameric samples and simulating the system response to an illumination by spectral lines with variable bandwidth. It was shown that the metameric samples are distinguishable even when the bandwidth of illuminating lines is 20–30 nm. A wider bandwidth allows implementation of simultaneous illumination of an object that leads to a diminution of the acquisition time of 2D-multispectral images due to both faster operation in the parallel mode of Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) switching and higher output power.
- L. Fauch, E. Nippolainen, A. A. Kamshilin, M. Hauta-Kasari, J. P. S. Parkkinen, and T. Jaaskelainen: Opt. Rev. 14 (2007) 243. CrossRef
- A. A. Kamshilin and E. Nippolainen: Opt. Express 15 (2007) 15093.
- J. Cohen: Psychon. Sci. 1 (1964) 369.
- L. T. Maloney and B. A. Wandell: J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 3 (1986) 29. CrossRef
- J. L. Dannemiller: J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 9 (1992) 507. CrossRef
- J. P. S. Parkkinen, J. Hallikainen, and T. Jaaskelainen: J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 6 (1989) 318. CrossRef
- L. T. Maloney: J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 3 (1986) 1673. CrossRef
- D. H. Marimont and B. A. Wandell: J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 9 (1992) 1905. CrossRef
- T. Jaaskelainen, J. Parkkinen, and S. Toyooka: J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 7 (1990) 725. CrossRef
- Fast acquisition of reflectance spectra using wide spectral lines
Volume 16, Issue 4 , pp 472-475
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Optical Society of Japan
- Additional Links
- multispectral imaging
- light source
- reflectance spectrum
- principal component analysis
- data acquisition
- Industry Sectors