Multiple-Scattering-Free Optical Glucose Monitoring Based on Femtosecond Pulse Interferometry
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We have designed a novel multiple-scattering-free optical glucose monitoring system based on femtosecond pulse interferometry. The glucose concentration is determined by a time-of-flight method, while multiple-scattering light is rejected by a coherence gate. The resultant accuracy and precision were 94.7 and 24.5 mg/dl, respectively, for physiological-equivalent glucose concentrations in a scattering medium of 1.0% intralipid solution, while the accuracy and precision for a reference sample containing no scattering medium were 65.3 and 23.8 mg/dl, respectively. Comparing these results, we conclude that the proposed method is effective for glucose measurement in a scattering medium.
- H. Zeller, P. Novak and R. Landgraf: Int. J. Artif. Organs 12 (1989) 129.
- G. L. Coté and B. D. Cameron: J. Biomed. Opt. 2 (1997) 275.
- S. Y. Wang. C. E. Hasty, P. A. Watson, J. P. Wicksted, R. D. Stith and W. F. March: Appl. Opt. 32 (1993) 925.
- R. J. McNichols and G. L. Coté: J. Biomed. Opt. 5 (2000) 5. CrossRef
- L. Wang, P. P. Ho, C. Liu, G. Zhang and R. R. Alfano: Science 253 (1991) 769.
- K. M. Yoo. Q. Xing and R. R. Alfano: Opt. Lett. 16 (1991) 1019.
- D. Huang, E. A. Swanson, C. P. Lin, J. S. Schuman, W. G. Stinson, W. Chang, M. R. Hee, T. Flotte, K. Gregory. C. A. Puliafito and J. G. Fujimoto: Science 254 (1991) 1178.
- T. Mitsui and K. Sakurai: Appl. Opt. 35 (1996) 2253.
- C. Chou, Y. C. Huang, C. M. Feng and M. Chang: Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 36 (1997) 356. CrossRef
- R. O. Esenaliev. K. V. Larin and I. V. Larina: Opt. Lett. 26 (2001) 992.
- Y. Hori, T. Yasui and T. Araki: Proc. SPIE 4829 (2002) 539.
- C. Chou, C. Y. Han, W. C. Kuo, Y. C. Huang, C. M. Feng and J. C. Shyu: Appl. Opt. 37 (1998) 3553.
- R. V. Tarr: PhD Dissertation, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 1991.
- Multiple-Scattering-Free Optical Glucose Monitoring Based on Femtosecond Pulse Interferometry
Volume 12, Issue 3 , pp 202-206
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- femtosecond pulse light
- multiple scattering
- coherence gate
- group refractive index
- Industry Sectors