Profilometry of Sloped Plane Surfaces by Wavelength Scanning Interferometry
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The feasibility of surface shape measurement by wavelength scanning interferometry was investigated by applying it to plane surfaces with various slope angles. We derived the surface height from the peak position of the Fourier transform of the interference signals arising from wavelength scanning of a dye laser at each pixel of a CCD camera, and succeeded in measuring both diffusely reflecting surfaces and machine-milled ones having slope angles up to 45°. Study of the influence of the slope angle on the standard deviations of the measured height showed that the standard deviation increases with increase of the angle of both surfaces. The increase in diffusely reflecting surfaces could be explained in terms of speckle decorrelation caused by wavelength change.
- K. Creath: Progress in Optics XI, ed. E. Wolf (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1989) p. 349.
- M. Takeda, H. Ina and S. Kobayashi: J. Opt. Soc. Am. 72 (1982) 156.
- T. Dresel, G. Hausler and H. Venzke: Appl. Opt. 31 (1992) 919.
- M. Takeda and H. Yamamoto: Appl. Opt. 33 (1994) 7829.
- M. Kinoshita, M. Takeda, H. Yago, Y. Watanabe and T. Kurokawa: Appl. Opt. 38 (1999) 7063.
- T. H. Barnes, T. Eiju and K. Matsuda: Optik 103 (1996) 93.
- H. J. Tiziani, B. Franze and P. Haible: J. Mod. Opt. 44 (1997) 1485. CrossRef
- I. Yamaguchi, A. Yamamoto and S. Kuwamura: Appl. Opt. 37 (1998) 6721.
- A. Yamamoto and I. Yamaguchi: Opt. Laser Technol. 32 (2000) 261. CrossRef
- A. Yamamoto, C. C. Kuo, K. Sunouchi, S. Wada, I. Yamaguchi and H. Tashiro: Opt. Rev. 8 (2001) 59.
- S. Kuwamura and I. Yamaguchi: Appl. Opt. 36 (1997) 919.
- J. Kato and I. Yamaguchi: Opt. Rev. 7 (2000) 158. CrossRef
- L. Paulsson, M. Sjodahal, J. Kato and I. Yamaguchi: Appl. Opt. 39 (2000) 919.
- M. Born and E. Wolf: Principles of Optics (Pergammon Press, Oxford, 1989) 6th ed.
- I. Yamaguchi: Opt. Acta 28 (1981) 1359.
- I. Yamaguchi: Trends in Optical Nondestructive Testing and Inspection, ed. P. K. Rastogi and D. Inaudi (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2000) p. 151.
- Profilometry of Sloped Plane Surfaces by Wavelength Scanning Interferometry
Volume 9, Issue 3 , pp 112-121
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- wavelength scanning interferometry
- image processing
- Industry Sectors