Simultaneous Double-Color Continuous Wave Raman Fiber Laser at 1239 nm and 1484 nm Using Phosphosilicate Fiber
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Simultaneous double-color high-power continuous wave (CW) Raman fiber laser at 1239 nm and 1484 nm is demonstrated which uses CW 8.4 W Yb-doped double-clad fiber laser at 1064 nm as a pump, 1 km phosphosilicate fiber, and cascaded cavities consisting of two pairs of fiber Bragg grating (FBG) mirrors. Maximum output powers are 0.65 W at 1239 nm and 0.97 W at 1484 nm with a 50%/50% output mirror reflectivity pair, and 0.37 W at 1239 nm and 1.06 W at 1484 nm with a 75.5%/50% pair. The output characteristics of this laser for different FBG mirror reflectivities are reported.
- E. M. Dianov: Proc. of 10th Optical Amplifiers and their Applications Conf., Nara, Japan, 1999, ThA2-l (1999) 70.
- S. V. Chernikov, N. S. Platonov, D. V. Gapontsev, D. I. Chang, M. J. Guy and J. R. Taylor: Electron. Lett. 34 (1998) 680. CrossRef
- V. I. Karpov, E. M. Dianov, V. M. Paramonov, O. I. Medvedkov, M. M. Bubnov, S. L. Semyonov, S. A. Vasiliev, V. N. Protopopov, O. N. Egorova, V. F. Hopin, A. N. Guryanov, M. P. Bachynski and W. R. L. Clements: Opt. Lett. 24 (1999) 887.
- N. S. Kim, M. Prabhu and K. Ueda: Opt. Commun. 176 (2000) 219. CrossRef
- F. L. Galeener, J. C. Mikkelsen, Jr., R. H. Geils and W. J. Mosby: Appl. Phys. Lett. 32 (1978) 34. CrossRef
- S. T. Davey, D. L. Williams, B. J. Ainslie, W. J. M. Rothwell and B. Wakefield: IEE Proc. J. 136 (1989) 301.
- Simultaneous Double-Color Continuous Wave Raman Fiber Laser at 1239 nm and 1484 nm Using Phosphosilicate Fiber
Volume 7, Issue 4 , pp 277-280
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Raman fiber laser
- phosphosilicate fiber
- stimulated Raman scattering
- Raman fiber amplifiers
- optical fiber communications
- optical amplifiers
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute for Laser Science, University of Electro-Communications, 1 5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo, 182-8585, Japan
- 2. Information and Telecommunication Technology Center, The University of Kansas, 2291 Irving Hill Road, Lawrence, Kansas, 66045, U.S.A.