European analytical column no. 36 from the Division of Analytical Chemistry (DAC) of the European Association for Chemical and Molecular Sciences (EuCheMS) January 2008
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A message from the Chairman of DAC: “A focus on education”
The European Analytical Column has a somewhat different format this time. From now and on it is our ambition to invite a guest columnist to give her/his view on various matters related to Analytical Chemistry in Europe. This year we have invited Professor Hendrik Emons of the Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements (IRMM) to give his perspectives of Analytical Chemistry with inputs obtained from colleagues at the same institute. Recent activities of DAC and changes of its governance are also reported.
Analytical Chemistry in Europe has many facets and the division of analytical chemistry (DAC), is discussing a broad range of them. I would like to focus my introduction to this European Analytical Column on one question:
Do we need analytical chemists with high-quality education?
More than every second chemist working outside the educational system in the world is an analytical chemist. This factual circumstance is neglect ...
- European analytical column no. 36 from the Division of Analytical Chemistry (DAC) of the European Association for Chemical and Molecular Sciences (EuCheMS) January 2008
Accreditation and Quality Assurance
Volume 13, Issue 4-5 , pp 279-282
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Analytical Chemistry, Stockholm University, 10691, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2. Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements (IRMM), Joint Research Centre, European Commission, 2440, Geel, Belgium
- 3. Department of Chemistry, Technical University of Denmark, Building 207, 2800, Lyngby, Denmark