Daily Record of Severity of Problems (DRSP): reliability and validity
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The Daily Record of Severity of Problems (DRSP) form was developed to aid in the diagnosis and evaluation of DSM-IV Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD). The reliability and validity of the procedure was tested in two studies. Study A included 27 subjects who ranged from having few or no premenstrual problems to those who met criteria for PMDD. Study B included 243 subjects, all of whom met criteria for PMDD. Individual items and Summary Scores had high test–retest reliability in both studies. Internal consistency of Summary Scores was also high in both studies. Summary Scores had moderate to high correlations with other measures of severity of illness. In addition, items and Summary Scores have been shown to be sensitive to change and to treatment differences in Study B. The DRSP provides sensitive, reliable, and valid measures of the symptoms and impairment criteria for PMDD.
- American Psychiatric Association (1994) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth edition. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC.
- Bloch, M, Schmidt, PJ, Rubinow, DR (1997) Premenstrual syndrome: evidence for symptom stability across cycles.. Am J Psychiatry 154: pp. 1741-1746
- Cronbach, LJ (1951) Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests.. Psychometrika 16: pp. 297-334
- Ebel, RL (1951) Estimation of the reliability of ratings.. Psychometrika 16: pp. 407-424
- Endicott, J, Halbreich, U (1982) Retrospective report of premenstrual depressive changes: factors affecting confirmation by daily ratings.. Psychopharm Bull 18: pp. 109-112
- Endicott, J, Halbreich, U (1988) Clinical significance of premenstrual dysphoric changes.. J Clin Psychiatry 49: pp. 486-489
- Endicott, J, Nee, J, Cohen, J, Halbreich, U (1986) Premenstrual changes: Patterns and correlates of daily ratings.. J Affect Disord 6: pp. 127-135
- Endicott, J, Nee, J, Harrison, W, Blumenthal, R (1993) Quality of Life Enjoyment and Satisfaction Questionnaire: a new measure.. Psychopharm Bull 29: pp. 321-326
- First MG, Spitzer RL, Gibbon, Williams JBW (1997) Structured Clinical Interview of DSM-IV Axis I Disorders, Research Version, Patient Edition with Psychotic Screen (SCID-I/D w/Psy SCREEN). Biometrics Research, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York.
- Freeman, EW, DeRubeis, RJ, Rickels, K (1996) Reliability and validity of a daily diary for premenstrual syndrome.. Psychiatry Res 65: pp. 97-106 CrossRef
- Freeman, EW, Sondheimer, SJ, Polansky, M, Garcia-Espagna, B (2000) Predictors of response to sertraline treatment of severe premenstrual syndromes.. J Clin Psychiatry 61: pp. 579-584
- Halbreich, U, Endicott, J, Goldstein, S, Nee, J (1986) Premenstrual changes and changes in gonadal hormones.. Acta Psychiatr Scand 74: pp. 576-586
- Hamilton, M (1960) A rating scale for depression.. J Neurol Neurosurg 23: pp. 56-62
- Moos, RH, Kopell, BS, Melges, FT (1969) Fluctuations in symptoms and moods during the menstrual cycle.. J Psychosom Res 13: pp. 37-44 CrossRef
- Schechter, D, Bachmann, GA, Vaitukaitis, J, Phillips, D, Saperstein, D (1989) Premenstrual symptoms: time course of symptom intensity in relation to endocrinologically defined segments of the menstrual cycle.. Psychosom Med 51: pp. 173-194
- Spitzer, RL, Cohen, J, Fleiss, JL, Endicott, J (1967) Quantification of agreement in psychiatric diagnosis: a new approach.. Arch Gen Psychiatry 17: pp. 83-87
- Steiner, M, Streiner, DL, Steinberg, S, Stewart, D, Carter, D, Berger, C, Reid, R, Grover, D (1999) The measurement of premenstrual mood symptoms.. J Affect Disord 53: pp. 269-273 CrossRef
- Weissman, MM, Prusoff, BA, Thompson, WD, Harding, PS, Myers, JK (1978) Social adjustment by self-report in a community sample and in psychiatric outpatients.. J Nerv Ment Dis 166: pp. 317-326
- Yonkers, KA, Halbreich, U, Freeman, E, Brown, C, Endicott, J, Frank, E, Parry, B, Pearlstein, T, Severino, S, Stout, A, Stone, A, Harrison, (1997) For the Sertraline Premenstrual Dysphoric Collaborative Study Group. Symptomatic improvement of premenstrual dysphoric disorder with sertraline treatment: A randomized controlled trial.. JAMA 278: pp. 983-988 CrossRef
- Daily Record of Severity of Problems (DRSP): reliability and validity
Archives of Women's Mental Health
Volume 9, Issue 1 , pp 41-49
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Keywords: Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder; Daily Record of Severity of Problems; reliability; validity; diagnosis.
- Industry Sectors