Intradural pleural malignant mesothelioma
- M. PayerAffiliated withSpine and Pain Clinic Zürich
- , T. von BrielAffiliated withOncology Center Hirslanden
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Pleural malignant mesothelioma is a rare tumour of the pleural epithelium, which progresses by infiltration into the lung parenchyma, the chest wall, and the mediastinum. Haematogenous spreading may occur in the late stages of the disease. Spinal involvement is exceptional and usually occurs in the vertebral body or epidural space, and intradural location of a mesothelioma is even more uncommon. In this article, a MEDLINE literature review on intradural mesothelioma was conducted and four intradural mesothelioma cases in the English literature were retrieved: one in the intradural extramedullary location and three with intramedullary growth. Additionally, we report a 50-year-old patient with a pleural malignant mesothelioma that spreads across the dura into the spinal cord at T5.
- Intradural pleural malignant mesothelioma
Volume 149, Issue 10 , pp 1053-1056
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Keywords: Malignant mesothelioma; spinal tumour; spinal cord.
- Industry Sectors