Efficient Solution of Multi-Term Fractional Differential Equations Using P(EC) m E Methods
- K. Diethelm
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We investigate strategies for the numerical solution of the initial value problem with initial conditions where 0<α1<α2<⋯<αν. Here y (α j ) denotes the derivative of order α j >0 (not necessarily α j ∈ ℕ) in the sense of Caputo. The methods are based on numerical integration techniques applied to an equivalent nonlinear and weakly singular Volterra integral equation. The classical approach leads to an algorithm with very high arithmetic complexity. Therefore we derive an alternative that leads to lower complexity without sacrificing too much precision.
- Efficient Solution of Multi-Term Fractional Differential Equations Using P(EC) m E Methods
Volume 71, Issue 4 , pp 305-319
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Fractional differential equation
- multi-term equation
- predictor-corrector method.
- Primary 65L05
- Secondary 65L06, 65L20
- Industry Sectors
- K. Diethelm (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institut für Angewandte Mathematik, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Pockelsstraße 14, 38106, Braunschweig, Germany