Additive Completion of Lacunary Sequences
- Imre Z. Ruzsa
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
To the memory of Pál Erdős
Thirty years ago I read the following question of Erdőos :
"Does there exist a sequence with so that every sufficiently large number is of the form ? $10"
I sent my solution to Erdős in a letter (in Hungarian). He translated my letter into English and sent it to the Canadian Math. Bulletin; this became my first paper to appear.
In this paper we will find, among others, the best value of the constant c in the above question, which was also asked by Erdős.
- Additive Completion of Lacunary Sequences
Volume 21, Issue 2 , pp 279-291
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Bolyai Society – Springer-Verlag
- Additional Links
- AMS Subject Classification (2000) Classes: 11B13, 11B34, 11B83
- Industry Sectors
- Imre Z. Ruzsa (A1)
- Author Affiliations
- A1. Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathmatics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences; Budapest, Pf. 127, H–1364 Hungary; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, HU