Note on Integral Distances
- József Solymosi
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A planar point set S is called an integral set if all the distances between the elements of S are integers. We prove that any integral set contains many collinear points or the minimum distance should be relatively large if |S| is large.
- A. Anning and P. Erdös, Integral distances, Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 51 (1945), 548–560.
- P. Erdös, Integral distances, Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 51 (1945), 966.
- P. Erdös, On some elementary problems in geometry, Köz. Mat. Lapok 61(7) (1980), 49–54 (in Hungarian).
- H. Harborth, Integral distances in point sets, Charlemagne and His Heritage. 1200 Years of Civilization and Science in Europe, Vol. 2, pp. 213–224, Brepols, Turnhout, 1998.
- H. Harborth and A. Kemnitz, Diameters of integral point sets, Intuitive Geometry (Siófok, 1985), pp. 255–266, Colloq. Math. Soc. János Bolyai, 48, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1987.
- Harborth, H., Kemnitz, A., Möller, M. (1993) An upper bound for the minimum diameter of integral point sets. Discrete Comput. Geom. 9: pp. 427-432
- G. H. Hardy and E. M. Wright, An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers, 5th edition, p. 63, Oxford University Press, London, 1979.
- G. B. Huff, Diophantine problems in geometry and elliptic ternary forms, Duke Math. J. 15 (1948), 443–453.
- Maehara, H. (1992) Distance graphs in Euclidean space. Ryukyu Math. J. 5: pp. 33-51
- Maehara, H., Ota, K., Tokushige, N. (1997) Every graph is an integral distance graph in the plane. Combin. Theory Ser. A 80: pp. 290-294 CrossRef
- Peeples, W. D. (1954) Elliptic curves and rational distance sets. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 5: pp. 29-33
- Note on Integral Distances
Discrete & Computational Geometry
Volume 30, Issue 2 , pp 337-342
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- József Solymosi (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093-0112, USA