Random Sampling of Euler Tours
- P. TetaliAffiliated withSchool of Mathematics, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA. email@example.com.
- , S. VempalaAffiliated withMathematics Department, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We define a Markov chain on the set of Euler tours of a given Eulerian graph based on transformations first defined by Kotzig in 1966. We prove that the chain is rapidly mixing if the maximum degree in the given graph is 6, thus obtaining an efficient algorithm for sampling and counting the set of Euler tours for such an Eulerian graph.
- Random Sampling of Euler Tours
Volume 30, Issue 3 , pp 376-385
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Key words. Euler tours, Random sampling, Random walk.
- Industry Sectors