Determine energy-saving potential in wait-states of large-scale parallel programs
- Michael KnoblochAffiliated withJülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC) Forschungszentrum Jülich Email author
- , Bernd MohrAffiliated withJülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC) Forschungszentrum Jülich
- , Timo MinartzAffiliated withDepartment of Informatics, University of Hamburg
Energy consumption is one of the major topics in high performance computing (HPC) in the last years. However, little effort is put into energy analysis by developers of HPC applications.
We present our approach of combined performance and energy analysis using the performance analysis tool-set Scalasca. Scalascas parallel wait-state analysis is extended by a calculation of the energy-saving potential if a lower power-state can be used.
KeywordsPower consumption Energy efficiency Energy Performance Analysis Scalasca MPI
- Determine energy-saving potential in wait-states of large-scale parallel programs
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Computer Science - Research and Development
Volume 27, Issue 4 , pp 255-263
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Power consumption
- Energy efficiency
- Industry Sectors