Serum-soluble interleukin-2 receptor (sIL-2R) is an extremely strong prognostic factor for patients with peripheral T-cell lymphoma, unspecified (PTCL-U)
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The aim of this study was to assess the prognostic factors of peripheral T-cell lymphoma, unspecified (PTCL-U).
Patients and methods
We retrospectively analyzed 30 cases fulfilling the criteria of PTCL-U defined by the World Health Organization classification. The patients were treated with 6–8 cycles of a CHOP or THP (pirarubicin)-COP regimen.
A high serum sIL-2R level (≥2,000 U/ml) at onset was associated with a low complete remission rate. Patients with high sIL-2R had significantly lower survival rates (5 year, 15.1%) than those with low sIL-2R (<2,000 U/ml) (100%) (P < 0.005). Factors associated with worse overall survival in a univariate analysis were high sIL-2R (P < 0.005), high age (>60 years) (P < 0.05), poor performance status (P < 0.01) and poor international prognostic index (P < 0.05). No correlation was observed between sIL-2R and other markers. Multivariate analysis showed that only sIL-2R was a prognostic factor for overall survival (P < 0.01).
The results suggest that a high serum sIL-2R level predicts a poor prognosis in PTCL-U.
- Serum-soluble interleukin-2 receptor (sIL-2R) is an extremely strong prognostic factor for patients with peripheral T-cell lymphoma, unspecified (PTCL-U)
Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology
Volume 135, Issue 1 , pp 53-59
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Peripheral T-cell lymphoma (PTCL)
- Soluble interleukin-2 receptor (sIL-2R)
- Prognostic analysis
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. First Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, 1-1 Yanagido, Gifu, 501-1194, Japan
- 2. Division of Hematology, Gifu Municipal Hospital, 7-1 Kashima-cho, Gifu, 500-8513, Japan
- 3. Department of Immunopathology, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, 1-1 Yanagido, Gifu, 501-1194, Japan