HPV typing of high-grade dysplasia (CIN III) in cone biopsies of 38 HPV-vaccinated women
- Ondrej OndičAffiliated withŠikl’s Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Charles UniversityBioptická laboratoř s.r.o. Email author
- , Jana KašpírkováAffiliated withDepartment of Genetics, Bioptická laboratoř s.r.o.
- , Ondřej MájekAffiliated withInstitute of Biostatistics and Analyses, Masaryk University
- , Iva KinkorováAffiliated withBioptická laboratoř s.r.o.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
HPV-vaccinated women develop CIN III very rarely. We have identified a study group of 38 such patients and showed that a specific HPV genotype prevalence in those cases equals the prevalence of HPV genotypes in CIN III present in the general Czech population. In all cases, CIN III was diagnosed within 3 years after having completed the HPV vaccination. We conclude that dysplasia was present before the vaccination in those women. A history of abnormal pre-vaccination PAP smear result (present in 78 % of women in the study group) and age of over 17 by the time of vaccination completion (97 % of women in the study group) are identified as probable factors increasing the risk of CIN III development after HPV vaccination.
KeywordsCervix Dysplasia CIN III HPV Vaccination
- HPV typing of high-grade dysplasia (CIN III) in cone biopsies of 38 HPV-vaccinated women
Volume 464, Issue 1 , pp 79-83
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- CIN III
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Šikl’s Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Alej Svobody 80, 304 60, Pilsen, Czech Republic
- 2. Bioptická laboratoř s.r.o., Pilsen, Czech Republic
- 3. Department of Genetics, Bioptická laboratoř s.r.o., Pilsen, Czech Republic
- 4. Institute of Biostatistics and Analyses, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic