The combined therapy myo-inositol plus d -chiro-inositol, rather than d -chiro-inositol, is able to improve IVF outcomes: results from a randomized controlled trial
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The present study aims to investigate the effects of the combined therapy myo-inositol (MI) plus d-chiro-inositol (DCI) or d-chiro-inositol treatment in oocyte quality.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) women undergoing IVF-ET were treated with myo-inositol combined with d-chiro-inositol in the physiological ratio (1.1 g myo-inositol plus 27.6 mg of d-chiro-inositol; INOFOLIC® combi Lo.Li.pharma) or d-chiro-inositol alone (500 mg; Interquim, s.a., Barcelona, Spain) to evaluate the umber of morphological mature oocytes, total International Units (IU) of recombinant FSH administered and the number of grade 1 embryos.
The data clearly showed that only the combined therapy was able to improve oocyte and embryo quality, as well as pregnancy rates, in PCOS women undergoing IVF-ET.
The present paper further supports the hypothesis that MI plays a crucial role in the ovary in PCOS women. In particular, due to the physiological role played by MI and DCI, the combined therapy should represent a better choice.
- The combined therapy myo-inositol plus d-chiro-inositol, rather than d-chiro-inositol, is able to improve IVF outcomes: results from a randomized controlled trial
Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Volume 288, Issue 6 , pp 1405-1411
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Oocyte quality
- Embryo quality
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Psychology, Section of Neuroscience, University of Rome “Sapienza”, Via dei Marsi 78, 00185, Rome, Italy
- 2. Centro di Ricerca in Neurobiologia Daniel Bovet (CRiN), Rome, Italy
- 3. Leda Fertility Center, Via del Giordano 34, 00144, Rome, Italy