Galactocele as a changing axillary lump in a pregnant woman
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We report a galactocele as changing axillary lumps in both axillae.
Materials and methods
36-year-old woman visited to our hospital for her axillary lump. The diagnosis could be made under ultrasound examination and her recent pregnancy history. However, sonography-guided aspiration was done for confirmation.
We could confirm the galactocele arising in axillary accessory breast tissue.
Clinical information indicating that such a palpable mass is associated with pregnancy as well as its sonography features along with adjunctive diagnostic aspiration, can help to correctly diagnose this rare entity.
Supplementary Material (0)
- Golden GT, Wangensteen SL (1972) Galactocele of the breast. Am J Surg 123:271–273 CrossRef
- Ersoy B, Yoleri L, Riza Kandiloqqlu A (2002) Unilateral galactocele in a male infant. Plast Reconstr Surg 109:401–402 CrossRef
- Winkler JM (1964) Galactocele of the breast. Am J Surg 108:357–360 CrossRef
- Salvador R, Salvador M, Jimenez JA, Martinez M, Casas L (1990) Galactocele of the breast: radiologic and ultrasonographic findings. Br J Radiol 63:140–142 CrossRef
- Sawhney S, Petkovska L, Ramadan S, Al-Muhtaseb S, Jain R, Sheikh M (2002) Sonographic appearances of galactoceles. J Clin Ultrasound 30:18–22 CrossRef
- Kim MJ, Kim EK, Park SY, Jung HK, Oh KK, Seok JY (2006) Galactoceles mimicking suspicious solid masses on sonography. J Ultrasound Med 25:145–151 CrossRef
- Harris JR, Lippman ME, Morrow M, Osborne CK (2004) Diseases of the breast, 3rd edn. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia
- Katharina C, Quack L, Abdul-Raham J, Elisabeth G, Judit P, Ernst B (2005) Axillary cavernous lymphangioma in pregnancy and puerperium. Gynecol Obstet Invest 60:108–111 CrossRef
- Gebrim LH, de Lima GR, Tanaka CI (1995) Axillary cystic lymphangioma in pregnancy. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 48:327–328 CrossRef
- Cipriano L, Palazzetti PL, Alo P, Serpieri DE, Torcia F, Pachi A (2000) Abdominal cystic lymphangioma in a woman at 14 weeks’ gestation: case report. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 21:391–392
- Sheath S, Nussbaum AJ, Hutchins GM, Sanders RC (1987) Cystic hygromas in children: sonographic-pathologic correlation. Radiology 162:821–824
- Bosch-Princep R, Castellano-Megias VM, Alvaro-Naranjo T, Martinez-Gonzalez S, Salvado-Usach MT (1999) Fine needle aspiration cytology of a cervical lymph node lymphangioma in an adult: a case report. Acta Cytol 43:442–446
About this Article
- Galactocele as a changing axillary lump in a pregnant woman
Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Volume 276, Issue 4 , pp 379-382
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Axillary lump
- Lactating breast
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Radiology, Catholic University College of Medicine, Uijongbu St. Mary’s Hospital, CPO Box, Kyunggido, 480-717, South Korea
- 2. Department of Radiology, Kangnam St. Mary’s Hospital, Catholic University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea