Hardy Approximation to L p Functions on Subsets of the Circle with 1< =p< = infinity
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We consider approximation of L p functions by Hardy functions on subsets of the circle for \(1 \leq p < \infty\) . After some preliminaries on the possibility of such an approximation which are connected to recovery problems of the Carleman type, we prove existence and uniqueness of the solution to a generalized extremal problem involving norm constraints on the complementary subset.
- Hardy Approximation to L p Functions on Subsets of the Circle with 1< =p< = infinity
Volume 14, Issue 1 , pp 41-56
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Key words. Lp Analytic approximation
- Recovery of Hp functions
- Extremal problems in Hardy spaces.
- AMS Classification. 30D55, 30E10, 93B30, 93C80. <lsiheader> <onlinepub>8 May, 1998
- <editor>Editors-in-Chief: &lsilt;a href=../edboard.html#chiefs&lsigt;R.A. DeVore
- E.B. Saff&lsilt;/a&lsigt; <pdfname>14n1p41.pdf <pdfexist>yes <htmlexist>no <htmlfexist>no <texexist>yes <sectionname> </lsiheader>