Laser surface roughening of PTFE for increased bonding strength
- M. RauhAffiliated withLaser-Laboratorium Göttingen e.V.
- , J. IhlemannAffiliated withLaser-Laboratorium Göttingen e.V. Email author
- , A. KochAffiliated withHAWK – Fachhochschule Hildesheim/Holzminden/Göttingen
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Treatment of pure Teflon (PTFE) with UV laser pulses (193 nm) produces area-selective rough surfaces. These irradiated areas are bondable with ordinary adhesives. The stability of the bonds is about one order of magnitude higher than that of bonds with untreated Teflon.
- Laser surface roughening of PTFE for increased bonding strength
Applied Physics A
Volume 88, Issue 2 , pp 231-233
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors