Genomic organization and physical map of the human inhibitors of apoptosis: HIAP1 and HIAP2
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We report the genomic organization, mapping, and tissue distribution of the human inhibitors of apoptosis, HIAP1 and HIAP2. HIAP1 is 8.7 kb in length and is contained within eight coding and two non-coding (5'UTR) exons. The 4.5-kb HIAP2 message is contained within eight coding region exons and a single 5'UTR exon. The HIAP1 and HIAP2 genes lie in tandem on Chromosome (Chr) 11 (q22-23) with the intergenic distance being approximately 7 kb. The tissue distributions of HIAP1 and HIAP2 appear similar although the relative expression of HIAP1 is generally higher. Expression is highest in the kidney, small intestine, liver, and lung and lowest in tissues of the central nervous system.
- Genomic organization and physical map of the human inhibitors of apoptosis: HIAP1 and HIAP2
Volume 10, Issue 1 , pp 44-48
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- A1. Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8M5, Canada, CA
- A3. Apoptogen Inc., Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L1, Canada, CA
- A2. Solange Gauthier-Karsh Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L1, Canada, CA