The influence of laser power on the observed MALDI-TOF mass spectra of poly(diethyl 3-hydroxyglutarate), an AB2 hyperbranched aliphatic polyester; Mn from MALDI-TOF MS?, Caveat Emptor
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Oligomers of poly(diethyl 3-hydroxyglutarate), an aliphatic hyperbranched polyester, have been prepared via a titanium(IV) butoxide catalysed step growth condensation process. The characterisation of the products depends on MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry; this study establishes that the incident laser power has a marked effect on the distribution of peak intensities in the spectra observed for these systems. High laser powers can initiate scissions in the polymer structure, whilst at lower incident laser power it is very difficult to define what constitutes a “representative spectrum”.
- Flory, P.J. (1952) J.Amer.Chem.Soc 74: pp. 2718-2718 CrossRef
- Chaudhary, A.K., Critchley, G., Diaf, A., Beckman, E.J., Russell, A.J. (1996) Macromolecules 29: pp. 2213-2213 CrossRef
- Belu, A.M., DeSimone, J.M., Linton, R.W., Lange, G.W., Friedman, R.M. (1996) J.Amer. Soc. Mass Spectrom. 7: pp. 11-11 CrossRef
- Lehrle, R.S., Sarson, D.S. (1996) Polym. Degrad. Stab. 51: pp. 197-197 CrossRef
- Feast, W.J., Hamilton, L.M. and Rannard, S., submitted to J.Mater. Chem.
- The influence of laser power on the observed MALDI-TOF mass spectra of poly(diethyl 3-hydroxyglutarate), an AB2 hyperbranched aliphatic polyester; Mn from MALDI-TOF MS?, Caveat Emptor
Volume 39, Issue 3 , pp 347-352
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors