Endosymbionts (Buchnera) of the Aphid Uroleucon sonchi Contain Plasmids with trpEG and Remnants of trpE Pseudogenes
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The aphid Uroleucon sonchi contains a prokaryotic endosymbiont (Buchnera) with plasmids having trpEG as well as remnants of trpE pseudogenes. In this respect it resembles Buchnera from the aphid Diuraphis noxia. Phylogenetic trees based on trpE (plasmid gene) and trpB (chromosomal genes) from eight species of aphids are congruent, indicating a lack of exchange of plasmids among endosymbionts from different aphid species.
- Endosymbionts (Buchnera) of the Aphid Uroleucon sonchi Contain Plasmids with trpEG and Remnants of trpE Pseudogenes
Volume 35, Issue 1 , pp 18-21
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- A1. Microbiology Section, University of California, Davis, CA 95616-8665, USA, US
- A2. Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA, US
- A3. Center for Biodiversity, Illinois Natural History Survey, Champaign, IL 61820-6970, USA, US